Pre-ordered the Phantom 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the new Phantom 4 , just minutes after it was available on the DJI website

I'm glad I waited !

As the owner of a P3Standard, I was looking for something, not as limiting, and was considering a P3P after the price drop to $999. Although I'm sure that the P3P is a great machine, technology moves quickly, and I'll take a shot with the P4
I'm glad I waited !!!

I bought a p3p 2 weeks ago and am considering ordering a p4. One thing holding me back is I'm also considering a dedicated editing computer etc.

I bought a p3p 2 weeks ago and am considering ordering a p4. One thing holding me back is I'm also considering a dedicated editing computer etc.

Yep, I just bought a MacBook Pro because my MacBook Air could not handle 4k.
Just ordered a P4 on the DJI website, wonder how long till she arrives ??

After getting my First Phantom I Had to Buy a one Terabyte External Hard Drive for about $65.00, and it made a HUGE Difference for Me!!! I Guess it all depends on what PC your actually using though. I Just saw what you wrote, and figured it couldn't hurt to atleast mention it to ya.

Well!!!! I am waiting at least 4 months to see all the problems people will have.also I want to see a range test and can it fly even 28 mins.as for the other stuff flora,fauna,filler.i don't care much for it.i like the fact it will do 45mph.

I wonder how many P3s, cases, batteries, etc will flood the FOR SALE market now for people to get some $$$ and jump on the P4. Waiting to see the reports about COLLISION (NOT) AVOIDANCE of the P4 people complaining that it hit the wall...
P3 has the best collision avoidance system, is called PAY ATTENTION!.

I think i will stick with my p3p for now. Not enough new specs to make me move on it. No real camera improvments, no 360 camera spin and no retractable landing gear. I think the collision avoidance system is an improvement but i dont think it will be able to detect power lines and fencing due to lack of surface area. Whats gonna happen is someone will go flying thru the trees thinking all is good until that lone single branch thats to thin to detect, is sticking out and smacks your bird right out of the sky.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Not to mention price of replacement parts.all the high tech stuff looks like a nitemare to replace a shell.as for us here in Canada now we have 2000$$$$$ flying in the air.

Reactions: Michel Rivet
I think i will stick with my p3p for now. Not enough new specs to make me move on it. No real camera improvments, no 360 camera spin and no retractable landing gear. I think the collision avoidance system is an improvement but i dont think it will be able to detect power lines and fencing due to lack of surface area. Whats gonna happen is someone will go flying thru the trees thinking all is good until that lone single branch thats to thin to detect, is sticking out and smacks your bird right out of the sky.

This exactly.

I've ruined 3 separate P3P because of thin branches or power lines which looked like I was clear of. One prop hit just on the edge snapped off and sent my bird nose dive into the ground. Thankfully I was able to exchange it a few times....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What I want is longer flite times over 30 mins,long distant flites.good range more like fpv.but at least it's not to bad can still use the itelite antennas and boosters and the 1000 bucks I have spent in lipos for the now p3 battery mod.on the other side when I do get one in about six months times battery mod and upgrade antennas.i want to see almost a 40 min flite!!! Or maybe I will wait for the P4 pro 360 rotation dome cam would be nice so even if you crash it it will just skip along the ground and retracts.

Last edited:
All posts on the P4 should be made in the new P4 section. Posts made in the P3 section about the P4 will be moved, deleted or locked, like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic