Pre-Flight Checklist for P2 Gimbal H3-2D GoPro 3+

Reaction score
My camera on my Phantom Vision had several problems and so I returned and have decided to go with the Phantom 2, H3-2D, GoPro Hero 3+ system with iosd mini and FPV via monitor. It is currently being assembled as a kit through B & H.

I was very familiar with the pre-flight checklist for the P2V and comfortable with the sequence I had developed. This new system has quite a few more variables (monitor, FPV video link, GoPro,etc) and I am a little nervous about the fragility of the gimbal. I am hoping that you veteran P2, Gimbal, GoPro Hero 3/3+, FVP folks could share with me your pre-flight checklist that addresses all of these variables so that I will be ready when my new system arrives.

Thanks for your ideas and insights.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread.

I had read that it was important to not handle the camera when the gimbal was working because it might damage the gimbal. My question seems to be around when to turn the camera on in relation to the phantom/gimbal. Reading the responses to the thread it looks like it can be done both ways....(?)....

You could do it both ways however once the P2 is powered up the gimbal is energised so you need to be careful handling the camera.

I personally turn the camera on/off just before I take off. The P2 is sitting on the ground so I just press the button and thats it. No need to move the camera or gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4