Pre-flight AND Post-flight check list

Reaction score
This may be somewhere that I have overlooked but is it possible to get a check list for pre-flight and post-flight procedures? I know DJI has one in the manual but I've seen quite a few other pieces of information here about turning off cell phones, turning of wifi on gopro, etc. Do any of the veterans around here have something like this?

Also, is there anything that should be done after flying? I guess battery discharge/charge is probably the only thing.

This is my way

Visual check
Turn on tx
Turn on fpv screen
Turn on gopro and ensure wifi is off
start recording ( this way you're not forcing the gimbal )
Turn on p2

Wait for slow flashing green lights.

Alert people - motors on

Alert people - taking off

I fly to about 8 ft and take hands off the sticks
Watch for anything wrong and listen for any odd sounds.

If all ok. Fly

On landing

Alert people - landing

Land

Motors off

Really important - p2 off first
Only then, tx off

Gopro off

Change battery, check props, gimbal mount screws etc
Repeat :)

Honestly with my P1, I rarely did the compass dance and I used to take off before it had GPS lock. Never had an issue. I would smash that thing into trees and never check the props. I think you will find some people are **** with their pre and post flight routine. The above isn't bad. I don't warn anyone. With my P2 I turn the TX on, turn the gopro on, put the P2 in the backyard and turn it on. Return back to it in a few minutes (by then I'll have gps lock and everything is warmed up). Take off to about shoulder height and see if I have any movement that shouldn't be there (I haven't yet), and then fly. When I land, I catch it in air, hold down the throttle, turn off the P2, turn off the TX, turn off the gopro. Put it on the table and forget about it until the next time I feel like flying. Most of my flights are about 10 minutes long so I normally get 2 flights out of every battery.

Thanks for your replies. I like reading everyone's different procedures and any small things that could prevent a large problem.

Good idea on powering up Gopro first and start recording before powering P2. I do it the other way around and it's difficult due to gimbal trying to keep gopro level. I guess I was trying to reduce amount of video taken, but really it's just a few minutes. Like your way better, will be switching to this common sense method that somehow eluded me :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj