practice with new filters comments?

Reaction score
Just trying to get the hang of when to use filters and which ones to use on which days
just went out and filmed this this morning, these were my setting
ISO 100
Shutter speed 200
1920x1080 @60fps
using ND16 filter
no post just ran thru windows movie maker then up to you tube...
any suggestions? Im not looking for movie quality videos just ones that look pleasing to the eye....my question is when the phantom is turning in my video I notice little jerky movements is this normal? it just didnt seem buttery smooth to me in parts
What a dummy guess I forgot to include the video heres the link to it...
I also just noticed when watching it again my horizon is got a serious tilt to it...
guess it was ND16 filter I was using not ND32

Last edited:
Care to share the video? Might help with seeing what is going on.

As far as the filters, this is the video I first used when purchasing my filters. Really helped out.

I kind of do it this way... Always iso 100, pick a fps and use whatever nd filter gives me a shutter twice the fps.
I always shoot video in manual.

I kind of do it this way... Always iso 100, pick a fps and use whatever nd filter gives me a shutter twice the fps.
I always shoot video in manual.
This is where I am confused...how do you know which ND filter gives you twice the FPS? I have tried on my own and any filter I use I just manually set the shutter to 2x FPS. Are you looking for something specific when changing your shutter? Do you leave it on auto and then see which filter gets you to twice? I have also heard you should lock the auto exposure in order to minimize any changes while filming.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20