Power to fpv

Reaction score
I have Phantom 2 with fpv and was using the "CAM" connector to power transmitter. As shown in the photo, for some reason, the power terminal got fried and i have no power to the transmitter. Can i get power from some other place without pushing too much amperage through?

Attachments

• CAM Connector.jpg
    CAM Connector.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 355
I have Phantom 2 with fpv and was using the "CAM" connector to power transmitter. As shown in the photo, for some reason, the power terminal got fried and i have no power to the transmitter. Can i get power from some other place without pushing too much amperage through?

The reason L2 shorted out is that the wires going to transmitter were crossed. You either order the replacement online from eBay or an electronic store and solder it onto the board but the wiring will need to be corrected before powering up the P2. Pin 3 is B+ while pin 4 is ground. The wiring of pins 5 & 6 on the CAM socket should be disregarded as pin 1is video and pin 2 is ground. Or you could buy a new main board for $59 dollars.

2015-01-21_184122_zpsac023198.jpg

Thanks for your reply. I cut power wire (pin 3 red) from top of 6-pin connector plug and soldered power wire to "V" terminal on one or the motor arms. Got power back to transmitter and i am back up! Thanks again

I was worried that would draw too many amps through the small power wire, but it seems to be working fine

Do you think I am Ok? Have not flown it yet after doing this but tested with props off bird

Thanks for your reply. I cut power wire (pin 3 red) from top of 6-pin connector plug and soldered power wire to "V" terminal on one or the motor arms. Got power back to transmitter and i am back up! Thanks again

I was worried that would draw too many amps through the small power wire, but it seems to be working fine

Do you think I am Ok? Have not flown it yet after doing this but tested with props off bird

Well if anything goes wrong again you will have to buy a new board as you no longer have any protection for the voltage supply or the transmitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20