Power supply

Reaction score
While disconnecting the battery of my fc40 i have pulled the red wire out of the on/off main power box inside the fc40 body. Does this need re soldering or is it just a case of fitting it back into the black power box? Cheers.

It's soldered onto the board inside the FC40. should be an easy solder job. What I have also done is zip tie mine inside so that there is no chance for it to happen again.:)

Thanks for that. I bought it second hand and there is actually a power on off button on the side of the body...The wire has come out of there not the board...it has an L shapes connector which I presume fits back in some how...any ideas?

Thanks for that. I bought it second hand and there is actually a power on off button on the side of the body...The wire has come out of there not the board...it has an L shapes connector which I presume fits back in some how...any ideas?

Sounds like a very custom job any pics?

Yes totally a custom job. Not great at electronics but basically there is a rocker power (on/off) switch inserted into body and grey and red leads connected to it...which makes sense but where as the grey lead is connected and seems secure the ref had disconnected and I can't secure it back in, I can fit it in to plug but it doesn't stay in there (could they be soldered in the switch box?) As even if I fit it back into box and hold it, fit battery I still don't get power??has confused me, could the switch have blown? Cheers for your interest and any help appricated.

Attachments

• 1447752679583.jpg
    1447752679583.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 318
Yes totally a custom job. Not great at electronics but basically there is a rocker power (on/off) switch inserted into body and grey and red leads connected to it...which makes sense but where as the grey lead is connected and seems secure the ref had disconnected and I can't secure it back in, I can fit it in to plug but it doesn't stay in there (could they be soldered in the switch box?) As even if I fit it back into box and hold it, fit battery I still don't get power??has confused me, could the switch have blown? Cheers for your interest and any help appricated.

I can see that there is solder, but there is also electrical tape used so it could be both. If the wire was only tied and taped, then it could be just separated. Solder does not come apart so easily unless it was not soldered correctly. From what I see, it looks like whoever owned it put the switch between the battery and main board that it connects to. Looks like you just have to get rid of that setup and connect the wires directly like before, unles you want to keep the on/off switch. Personally I do not feel like that is necessary, but it is entirely up to you how you want to do it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20