power supply for charger

Reaction score
i am P3A user.
The charging and balancing circuitry is built into the battery itself. All we need to charge the battery is that provide power to the battery ( pure sine waves ).
the original charger is 57W, it takes so long to get battery fully charged (+80minutes), and one a at time.
i am going to charge 2 or 3 batteries at once.
i intend using this combo : Power supply 24V 50A, cellpro powerlab 8, DC-DC step down converter ( 24V to 17.4V).
using PL8, i can adjust current (up to 30A) to get current output, then it goes through step-down converter, then i have 17.4V and current that provided by PL8 (higher 24/17.4 times actually).
Then i use this current, 17.4V x.A as original P3A's charger to charge the battery.
Will this combo work without any damages for the battery or fire something.

Last edited:
Hi Cuong44

You said "The charging and balancing circuitry is built into the battery itself. All we to charge the battery is that provide power to the battery ( pure sine waves )." you probably just made a typing error, The DJI charger requires a sine wave input, the battery itself requires a DC input :).
Waylander

Hi Cuong44

You said "The charging and balancing circuitry is built into the battery itself. All we to charge the battery is that provide power to the battery ( pure sine waves )." you probably just made a typing error, The DJI charger requires a sine wave input, the battery itself requires a DC input :).
Waylander
The current output from step-down converter is DC. It is 17.4V

Reactions: RomanRonin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik