Power on battery before charging

Nope. Only if current charge is over 75% and I want to top it up to 100%.

MikesTooLz said:
Are you all turning on the batteries before charging them?

I'm not following. Why would I want to do this? Please let us know what you are thinking. Thanks.

Yes the user manual says to turn on if the battery is at 75%.

I'm wondering if it might just be a good habit to always turn it on first. If for some reason the smart battery is doing something when charging while on first like knowing how much charge it has, it might be better to always turn it on first. I know with cellphone batteries the phone keeps a record of its batteries levels and after a while it could end up thinking it has less of a charge. You then need to run it down all the way and let it charge back up to 100% to get a good record of its charge level.

The reason is the battery will not start charging if the current charge is above 75%. This is to keep the battery from overheating. You can override this by turning the battery on and forcing a "top off".

Just remember sequence... plug everything in first... THEN turn battery on

The manual warns to never plug a battery into the charger or phantom when it is already on or damage may result...

Just thought I'd throw that out there... The thread title "power on before charging" could lead to some misunderstanding.

Perhaps this is the anomalies in people's flight times?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl