Power Filter For My Gopro Hero 3 FPV Setup

Reaction score
New member here. I recently purchased a 600mw 5.8 transmitter to use with my Gopro Hero 3. Using the balance lead from my Phantom's battery, is it absolutely necessary to use a power filter? I just want to make sure I don't damage my Gopro.

The GoPro needs 5v, how much voltage does your balance lead have ?
Actually, I just answered my own question. the blk-red on outside ends have 12v.
The center two have 4.5 v, but is not conditioned.

I would use a good BEC.

MegaDeal said:
New member here. I recently purchased a 600mw 5.8 transmitter to use with my Gopro Hero 3. Using the balance lead from my Phantom's battery, is it absolutely necessary to use a power filter? I just want to make sure I don't damage my Gopro.

I don't quite follow
but no. you don't need to use the blanace lead from a battery to power the Tx
just use the Aux power cord coming out of your Phantom to power the Tx
but it's also ok to use whatever power is coming out of the Tx that goes into the GoPro (as some cables include power to GoPro)

Gizmo3000 said:
MegaDeal said:

I don't quite follow
but no. you don't need to use the blanace lead from a battery to power the Tx
just use the Aux power cord coming out of your Phantom to power the Tx
but it's also ok to use whatever power is coming out of the Tx that goes into the GoPro (as some cables include power to GoPro)

Sorry about the confusion. So if I use the auxiliary wires, can I just connect it directly to the tx and then my Gopro cable from the tx to the Gopro or do I need to connect the aux to a voltage regulator, then to the tx?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd