Potential accidents?

Reaction score
Hey!

Today i was flying my P4 at a place in Poland. I even spoke to Police if there was any restrictions on flying in this area, they said No. So fine :) I walked around looking for good spots to launch my drone and found a nice "sandvolley ball" area which was next to what i wanted to film.

Everything went smooth(beside i got an "Battery cell error" on one of my batterys).. Flyed, filmed. All ok!

Packed everything together and went back to my car and on my way back i heard an helicopter flying in the area, turned around to look where this helicopter was flying and it was same area i was in, i would say about 100meters above ground... As an hobby fotographer i am allowed to fly max 120m and if i was flying at the same time this could be very dangerous for the helicopter....and i had 120m reached at that session.

My question is: Doesn't helicopters / Airplanes have an minimum height to stick to ? I got 120meters, they should be minimum 150-200meters!?

What if something happend here ? Would it be my fault somehow ?

Thanks my fellow droners :)

What are Poland's Civil Aviation Regulations? Generally there is no height restriction but fixed or rotor winged aircraft must stay at least 500' from people or property (except during takeoff and landing) here in the US.

"See and avoid." Surely you would have heard this helicopter coming. If it was me and I saw a low flying helicopter approach, I would land immediately.

What if something happend here? Would it be my fault somehow?

I'd think in the majority of scenarios, you'd be at fault. You're stationary on the ground watching a large, loud contraption flying through the air towards you. The helicopter is flying fast and probably would have a hard time seeing a tiny white drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik