Post Sunset Dramatically Tweaked RAW Image

Reaction score
The camera in the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 is pretty impressive when shooting RAW. When this image came into Adobe RAW, the horizon was almost solid black. Then I started tweaking it, bumped up exposure, reduced contrast, boosted color, opened up shadows and the forest came alive with detail. 100 ISO shot with a ND filter still on their from daytime shooting.

DJI_0149 Sunset.png

Wow! Beautiful! Imagine how much more detail you could have gotten without the ND on there. I rarely have my ND's on anymore since I do mostly photography these days, not very many videos. Got to love RAW!

Reactions: Basspig
I sometimes think the ND filter degrades the image quality a bit. Most people use them so they can have slower shutter speeds for video with a more cinematic look. I decided to get one in the hope that it would reduce incident light on the lens, which I noticed cuts contrast on the top half of the frame when the camera is pointed at horizon.

I wonder how many bits depth the camera RAW from the Phantom 4 Pro is? My DSLR has 14-bit RAW. This grades just as well as the images I get from my Nikon D7000.

I was at work seeing something very similar and disappointed I was not able to go take a drone pic. Nice one!

I was driving home from daughter's Taekwondo lessons when the peak of the color happened. I wished I had brought the drone with me. 20 minutes later, I was home and racing to the roof with drone and controller in hand.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4