Post crash upgrades

Reaction score
So my #3 P3 Standard lost a propeller in flight back in November. It fell about 100 feet and bounced off the roof of a barn and landed in a tree. Tore the camera off, broke the gimbal mount, which is all that appeared to be damaged on first inspection.

Upon taking the top of the body off, I discovered that the board had broken away from all four of the mounts. So it looks like I will be replacing the body shell as well.

So, since I have to remove all the parts anyway to put in the new shell, I plan on painting the new shell with high visibility orange like I did with one of my other P3 Standards. Additionally, since I will have all the parts out anyway, I'm considering other upgrades. For example the antennas. Will definitely need to replace the FPV antennas, but I'm also thinking that since I have it all tore apart anyway, I might do the antennas for the controller as well. I am 3D printing a gimbal mount, so that's the easiest part so far.

Looking for suggestions on upgrades for my P3 Standard, mainly antennas, but I might consider others too.

Thanks for you input!

My P3P lost a propeller mid flight also. What casued that? I"m sure I put them on correctly and they were stock. Hope your drone is back to the air now!

The propeller in my crash was an aftermarket brand. I can only assume the threads were bad. This my #3 drone so I wasn't in a hurry to get it back in the air, but now I hope to with some antenna mods, a new shell and paint scheme. Hopefully flying better than ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20