Post-Crash tests and flights.

Reaction score
I've never flown any drones in my life before and when I got my P3P, I crashed it on the 2nd day and broke the gimbal and connector ribbon.

image.jpg

And because I didn't want to wait many weeks for DJI to repair it, I decided to fork out a large wad of cash for the replacement 4K Camera and gimbal.

So by the first three days, I've flown, crashed, and fixed my bird.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's one with the new gimbal and a CF gimbal shield:

image.jpg

So obviously, my next few flights would be flown with caution. Though my crash was from waist height(straight downward crash), I am a little afraid the motors might die or one of the props will stop in mid-air.

I've done most of the check list checks for the drone as I've read in the other threads. And I'm also going to fly low and slow and very cautiously for the next few flights.

Does anyone have anymore tips or advice on what else I have to do? Or should I just leave it to fate? The motors and ESC and props all look ok. I've cleaned them and run them without the props. Test flights have all been ok too.

Praying hard that the next time it's high up in the sky, none of the motors would stop suddenly and cause it to tumble from the sky and smash it to a million pieces.

If you can afford it get something like the X5c Syma and get your muscle memory clicked in so when you have an emergency panic attack you will be in control.
They run around $50.00 bucks.
I still do exercises with mine.
I could not fly it at first and crashed many times but they are cheap... Now it's a dream to fly even without the GPS. Fast too...

Did you fly at all after the crash? With the camera off? If yes you should be fine..

EDIT: HECK OF A FIX IT JOB PROPS!!!! TO You!

Last edited:
If you can afford it get something like the X5c Syma and get your muscle memory clicked in so when you have an emergency panic attack you will be in control.
They run around $50.00 bucks.
I still do exercises with mine.
I could not fly it at first and crashed many times but they are cheap... Now it's a dream to fly even without the GPS. Fast too...

Did you fly at all after the crash? With the camera off? If yes you should be fine..

EDIT: HECK OF A FIX IT JOB PROPS!!!! TO You!
After I crashed, I restarted the drone. And it managed to take off and land. But because I was in shock over the broken gimbal, I didn't have the mood to fly around. I just wanted to check that all 4 motors can turn.

Here is an alternative gimbal saver

http://www.killerrc.com/product/dji-phantom-3-gimbal-saver/

Tips? Fly in beginner's mode for at least a few flights, but you probably did :)

By the way, what caused the crash?

Watch out for CSC (http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/why-does-dji-allow-a-csc-in-flight.46409/)
What caused the crash was a stupid reason: I was out with my guy pals and showing off the bird to them. I hovered it about 3-5 feet off the ground in front of them and wanted to accelerate upwards in front of them(to impress them).

Somehow, instead of pushing forwards on the left stick, I pulled BACKWARDS and I saw my drone whirl loudly before dipping into the grass. It bumped, one of the rotors caught the soil and grass, and the drone flipped!

My heart sank at that point.

Needless to say, no more showing off next time.

Would you sell your camera 4k crashed circuit board? My retaining clip for that part of the ribbon cable broke

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj