Post Crash Repair problem

Reaction score
Hi all, after having my phantom drop out of the sky at about 40ft for no apparent reason there were understandably a few problems. I had to replace one of the LED/engine boards inside and replace two of the motors (I actually replaced all four to keep the specs the same). However on powering it up two of the blades stutter and do not turn properly until I rev up the engines and even then one of the motors seems to turn slower than the others leading to some poor performance and almost no stabalisation.

I have tried updating firmware, recalibrating etc. Video is attached. can anyone suggest what may be up. Also before anyone suggests it this looks a little like the 'screws tightened up too tight on the motor' problem however I ran the motors before I screwed them back on and they did the same thing.

[vimeo]121591326[/vimeo]

Any help appreciated. OIr alternatively can anyone suggest anywhere in the UK who do repairs?

When you took off the prop guards did you use the long screws still? You have to switch to the short screws when screwing in the motors without prop guards. In most cases, this looks like motor failure. You are most likely going to have to replace those 2 motors. Now we just need to find out why it happened.

Thanks for your reply but as I said it is not the long screw problem. They are brand new motors and the problem occured before I bolted them back on. They are also brand new motor controllers as well.

Are the ESC faulty? The ESC also need be the same version and support the correct motors. As far as im concerned, the 2.1 ESC should support both the old and the new.

Yes looks like faulty ESCs to me.

You can prove it by swapping a motor or an ESC to an arm which works. See if the fault moves arms.

What version motors and what version ESCs do you have?

Why did you change your motors ?

Thankyou, I will try that. I changed the motors because I made the mistake of killing the first set by doing exactly what I made sure I did not do the second time around - use the longer screws from the guards
to screw them in and trashing the copper coils. I was very careful not to do it a second time! It is strange because at least one of the two rotors that are fauty has a brand new new ESC

fnordcorpss said:
Thankyou, I will try that. I changed the motors because I made the mistake of killing the first set by doing exactly what I made sure I did not do the second time around - use the longer screws from the guards
to screw them in and trashing the copper coils. I was very careful not to do it a second time! It is strange because at least one of the two rotors that are fauty has a brand new new ESC

So one of the faulty arms has a brand new motor and a brand new ESC ?

When you fitted the ESC did you plug the control plug back into it.?

What version motors and what version ESCs ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1