Post crash/post rebuild P2V+ LED Sequence Problem

Reaction score
Your help on this would be appreciated.

Crash: After what appeared to be a normal startup I let it hover for about 1 min when I noticed the rear lights start flashing red and green. I immediately decided to bring it back down from about 25 ft and approx 15 feet away. I gave it left stick to move it closer and it started to quickly move away to the right I gave it more left stick as it was nearing a building and no response. Crash! there was a ding on 1 motor and that arm was slightly bent and cracked.

Rebuild: Ordered new shell and motor and followed this video for teardown and rebuild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLi-wIr ... 39&list=WL

Seemed to have no problems.

I then tried the start up and this is what I got.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnowOm95sRs[/youtube]

Any Ideas? Thanks.

Did you have the range extender on. Hard to tell if the lights were on.

RIDETOEAT said:
Looks like GPS mode from the single green, three reds mean less than 5 satellites locked. None of it looks like a problem to me. Sync up your vision App and check to see.

Link to youtube video on codes.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BeakjoJ1UA

It is in GPS mode but after establishing home point (quick flashing green) it goes back to alternate green/red flashing. Also the front red lights don't light up (thoses LEDs do light up at the start). I will check the app though and see if and how many satellites it sees.

Not 100% but I had mine out in the dark an hour ago and I am sure my front reds were not lit up until I started the motors. I will go outside and verify this all for you since it is nice to have info off a known functioning unit. BRB

Ok, I just took mine out side to verify for you and I, and yes, no front reds until motor start, your rear flashing reds are indication # of sats, 3 flashes is less than 5 with 6 i was at green red green red green red, once it gets the lock it goes to slow green flashing, you are good !!! be happy :D

RIDETOEAT said:
Ok, I just took mine out side to verify for you and I !! and yes, no front reds until motor start, your rear flashing reds are indication # of sats, 3 flashes is less than 5 with 6 i was at green red green red green red, you are good !!! be happy :D

Thanks, I just took mine out to see what would happen. Yes, the reds came on after the motors started but not the LEDs in the arm that took the hit. Do you think that's a concern or would you fly with only one red LED. I just really spooked after having crashed. Yikes!

Probably takes a new ESC to fix it. I would replace that ESC, But I would not be concerned if i did a bit of close in testing before flying in the mean time. I'd run the motors up and down a bit and see what it does, try to see if it picks up level and hovers which is a good test on a rebuild anyway. That is just my opinion of what I'd do at least until the new ESC came in. Everybody has to make their own decision on that one.
Find a more open area next time to fly, open spaces give confidence and give yourself a bit of altitude so you don't bump into stuff in the first flight or two and by the time you get 30 minutes under your belt your capability with come WAY !! up, these phantoms are very easy to fly once you get past the jitters.

You should replace the ESC in that arm.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik