Post Crash Issue

Reaction score
Hi folks, noob here both to the forum and flying drones.

I stuck my drone in a tree and eventually it fell, causing what I hoped was mainly superficial damage. So I replaced the various bits and pieces I was capable of (lower shell, both landing gear, yaw arm) and all looked ok until I finally powered it back up.

I'm not very knowledgeable in terms of electronics and testing so I'm now a bit stumped...

I uploaded a video of what's (not) happening but essentially, on start up, the camera gimbal doesn't go through the full flip-flopping alignment. It's stuck in one position and after only a few seconds, the cover on the back of the ESC module on the Yaw arm is extremely hot to touch (I mean burning hot)

Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

Video of Problem

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
OK........welcome to the forum !
With No air flow around the yaw arm..... As it depends on when its motors / blades are going to properly keep it cool.......with it NOT flying it will sure get very hot and when the blades are not running and drones is activated we always direct a small fan on the yaw assembly to keep it cool....Now i hope that some one can HELP you with the other problems as described in the video.

Reactions: miNiagara
OK........welcome to the forum !
With No air flow around the yaw arm..... As it depends on when its motors / blades are going to properly keep it cool.......with it NOT flying it will sure get very hot and when the blades are not running and drones is activated we always direct a small fan on the yaw assembly to keep it cool....Now i hope that some one can HELP you with the other problems as described in the video.
Thanks for your response mate ... that makes sense and is something I didn't even think about. I had it running but had taken the props off altogether. Cheers! One less issue than I thought I had ...

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
is your gimbal arm damaged? If it it the ribbon connector is likely damaged as well
Hi "Eddie", yes the gimbal arm was twisted and cracked. The ribbon cable didn't looked damaged but I supposed it's quite likely it could be. I'll buy one and try it out. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20