Post-Crash help needed

Reaction score
Hi all, well I guess it was bound to happen; I hit a tree about 85' up and, as is the way of these things it hit the deck quite hard. Initial investigation suggested the only casualties were 2 props and my confidence. I replaced the props and took another 3 or 4 minutes flight without problems.
However, now I'm home and looking the craft over more carefully I see there are 2 cracks in the shell between the rear landing legs and the battery compartment (see pics).
My starter for 10 question is:
A) does it require immediate attention before further flights; or
B) is it only superficial and can be largely ignored in the short term

The bonus question is, is there anything I can do to help mitigate the damage ( eg apply some Gorilla glue across the cracks)?
All help gratefully received.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455801413.298807.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455801424.380026.jpg

I agree with JTC - stop drill and epoxy resin better than Gorilla glue - that stuff is great but it will expand quite a bit while curing (intended to that's why you have to clamp whatever you are gluing with it).

Thanks for the help..... By the way, this was the offending tree...... The only sodding tree within a 100m radius!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455804744.423785.jpg

Reactions: Jsun
Those are not cracks....as Tommymonkey said, they are part of the shell moulding. Have a closer look!

Those are not cracks....as Tommymonkey said, they are part of the shell moulding. Have a closer look!

Ok, Will do, although they certainly look like cracks, ...even tho' now I come to think of it there is a kind of symmetry to them. Hope you're right!

May be time to consult an optometrist.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik