Post Crash checklist???

Reaction score
I just got a new phantom 2 with 3d gimbal and am loving it! I was flying on the beach yesterday and crashed into a tree and the P fell about 10 feet into the sand. I brought it home, took it apart, cleaned all the engines, put new props on and took it out for a flight today. After recalibrating the compass I took off and all seemed well except it was not holding in place as well as it did pre-crash. I took it up to about 10 feet and let go of the sticks and it immediately veered right and crashed into my house damaging the props once again. I was wondering if I forgot to do something post crash that would have saved me from the second crash. Any advice is welcome!

At least I got a few pictures before the crash!!!!

/Users/charleschastain/Desktop/playa hermosa 1 copy.JPG

Hello,
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate crash!
Glad it was not hurt to bad. Usually after a crash
Or hard landing, these following steps should happen:

1) open " Shell " check for loose / broken connections,
Debris, solder joints, anything weird. ( this is by your choice,
If you feel you crashed pretty HARD, you might want to open,
If it was not bad, you may want to skip this step? Totally up to you!

2) hook to PC Assistant, RUN ( basic / advanced ) IMU Calibration
( depending on ( mod values ) for ACCELEROMETER, GYROSCOPE, COMPASS )
Here is the basic run down:

GYROSCOPE: ( normal ( 0.0-1.5 )), if it is ( 1.6-3.0, basic cal needed ) if it is ABOVE ( 3.0, advanced cal is needed. ) this is under MOD VALUES. YOU WILL SEE ( x, y, z, and Mod ) mod is what we are looking for. ( if your gyroscope is within normal parameters ( or 0.0-1.5 ), no cal is needed.
ACCELEROMETER: ( normal ( 0.98-1.02 )) if ( 0.97-0.98 or 1.02- 1.03 basic cal needed ), if below ( 0.97 ) or above ( 1.03 ) advanced cal is needed. Again if your accelerometer parameters, are normal range, no calibration needed.
COMPASS: this is where you are located in magnetic earth ( -500-+500 ) if the MOD value here ( is lower than 750, or greater than 2250 ) you need compass recalibration.

3) once you finished ( IMU CALIBRATION ) and are still hooked to PC ASSISTANT,
Do a CONTROLLER CALIBRATION ( Tx ).

4) after Tx calibration, power cycle phantom ( double check Tx calibration ) make sure
Sticks are centered ( in assistant ) once satisfied all is good, turn off phantom, unhook from
Assistant, go outside ( DO A FRESH COMPASS CALIBRATION ) before first flight.

She should be like new again! Please keep us informed!

Take care, Fly Safe!

J Dot said:
Hello,
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate crash!
Glad it was not hurt to bad. Usually after a crash
Or hard landing, these following steps should happen:

1) open " Shell " check for loose / broken connections,
Debris, solder joints, anything weird. ( this is by your choice,
If you feel you crashed pretty HARD, you might want to open,
If it was not bad, you may want to skip this step? Totally up to you!

2) hook to PC Assistant, RUN ( basic / advanced ) IMU Calibration
( depending on ( mod values ) for ACCELEROMETER, GYROSCOPE, COMPASS )
Here is the basic run down:

GYROSCOPE: ( normal ( 0.0-1.5 )), if it is ( 1.6-3.0, basic cal needed ) if it is ABOVE ( 3.0, advanced cal is needed. ) this is under MOD VALUES. YOU WILL SEE ( x, y, z, and Mod ) mod is what we are looking for. ( if your gyroscope is within normal parameters ( or 0.0-1.5 ), no cal is needed.
ACCELEROMETER: ( normal ( 0.98-1.02 )) if ( 0.97-0.98 or 1.02- 1.03 basic cal needed ), if below ( 0.97 ) or above ( 1.03 ) advanced cal is needed. Again if your accelerometer parameters, are normal range, no calibration needed.
COMPASS: this is where you are located in magnetic earth ( -500-+500 ) if the MOD value here ( is lower than 750, or greater than 2250 ) you need compass recalibration.

3) once you finished ( IMU CALIBRATION ) and are still hooked to PC ASSISTANT,
Do a CONTROLLER CALIBRATION ( Tx ).

4) after Tx calibration, power cycle phantom ( double check Tx calibration ) make sure
Sticks are centered ( in assistant ) once satisfied all is good, turn off phantom, unhook from
Assistant, go outside ( DO A FRESH COMPASS CALIBRATION ) before first flight.

She should be like new again! Please keep us informed!

Take care, Fly Safe!

Real good answer, bro.. Nice job...

-slinger

Gunslinger, I appreciate your thorough response. I had not set the box below to 'notify me when a reply is posted' so I am just now getting it. It would have saved me a ton of time researching online!

Thanks again, Paz y Pura Vida
CostaC

Costac said:
Gunslinger, I appreciate your thorough response. I had not set the box below to 'notify me when a reply is posted' so I am just now getting it. It would have saved me a ton of time researching online!

Thanks again, Paz y Pura Vida
CostaC

Actually that information came from J DOT.... :)

-slinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20