Post Crash advice needed

Reaction score
Hello,

I crashed my P3P after several weeks of non-flying. The drone hit a tree, got tangled in the branches, snapped a propellor and had a reasonably cushioned and lucky crash landing.

Having cleaned it up and replaced the props, I tried flying it again and it works, but drifts quite badly when it should be static in the sky.

One prop blade is noticeably displaced and almost touching the top of the shell, the other three props give about 8mm clearance of the the shell.

There are several places where the top and bottom shell have become buckled and are no longer clipped cleanly together, Ive attached some photos which clearly show the damage.

Any input or advice would be gratefully received....and lesson learnt - if you've not flown for a few weeks, you're back to being a novice and must go through the learning curve again!

IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1934.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG

You could order a replacement shell but will take some work to get everything from one shell to another, there are some YouTube tutorials that can help you..

Shell
Buy Phantom 3 - Shell (Pro/Adv)

You can also get it from eBay or maybe some one here can help you out.

YouTube tutorial

You will need some torx T6 and T8, my advice is to get some precision screwdriver set that have torx and also fine flat and Phillips heads or longer the better because some screws (the ones next to the legs are hard to reach)

All this considering that if your bird has warranty is better to have it professionally replaced, hope this help you

tompeakdistrict, you're definitely going to need a new shell since the arms are damaged. You can also purchase a replacement shell here on Amazon.

As for replacing it, the work is tedious, but the average person can do it with enough patience. You can find some videos that show the steps to replace the shell in detail here.

If you'd rather just have someone else repair your Phantom, you can find some commonly used Phantom repair shops here.

Thats great. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I'm pretty good with these sort of repair jobs, so I'll order a new shell and set aside an afternoon. I'm guessing the damaged shell is beyond repair?

When I flew it in its damaged state the drift made landing it scary, and would make any video footage terrible.

We live and learn - thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik