Possibly the cheapest FPV Goggle solution ever? ;-)

Reaction score
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-to- ... 63626.html
Free-to-adjust-size-Universal-Google-Virtual-reality-3D-glasses-for-4-7-Inch-Smartphone-Oculus.jpg

I remember seeing the Google Cardboard demo a while ago... Then I thought...what if you just strap your smartphone with an already high resolution display to your face for FPV flying. No cables...no fuss. LOL

Not sure if the lenses in this will prohibit you from looking at a regular 2D image (most likely). But you may be able to take out the lens portion so it's looking straight into the phone. Anyway, it's an interesting thought to consider if you want to do FPV on the cheap. It would also make using the gimbal with accelerometer more intuitive.

ilovecoffee said:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-to-adjust-size-Universal-Google-Virtual-reality-3D-glasses-for-4-7-Inch-Smartphone-Oculus/1971763626.html
Free-to-adjust-size-Universal-Google-Virtual-reality-3D-glasses-for-4-7-Inch-Smartphone-Oculus.jpg

I remember seeing the Google Cardboard demo a while ago... Then I thought...what if you just strap your smartphone with an already high resolution display to your face for FPV flying. No cables...no fuss. LOL

Not sure if the lenses in this will prohibit you from looking at a regular 2D image (most likely). But you may be able to take out the lens portion so it's looking straight into the phone. Anyway, it's an interesting thought to consider if you want to do FPV on the cheap. It would also make using the gimbal with accelerometer more intuitive.

Just ordered, just for fun :cool:

29 days of delivery :lol:

oh errr

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-18 at 21.59.43.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-18 at 21.59.43.png
    355.7 KB · Views: 727
Hugh could fly these Phantoms no problem. Wouldn't even need the remote, and he'd just beam the video directly onto a flash drive for you.
</offtopic>

China Post Air Mail
Free Shipping
Estimated Delivery Time:15-39 Days
Processing Time:20 Days

;) :mrgreen:

ilovecoffee said:

Speaking of Cardboard, have you seen the VR multirotor demo they have? A crew flying a 360 degree camera around bears feasting in a salmon-spawning river mouth in Russia. Pretty insane footage by itself, even if you couldn't pan the camera on your own in real time seeing bears everywhere :O

nyc4Xmi.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31