possible to set altitude of Home Point to absolute/

Reaction score
Hi
Home Point altitude is set to zero. Is it possible to change this to the absolute altitude?
Thank you.

No.

What advantages you see if the home point is set to absolute ASL value? Do you live at a coast?

We all live in this world of relative measurements. There are no real absolutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philltayl
Am newbie so maybe there are none. But...
Live by Saratoga Passage in WA State. Sea is about zero. Cottage is about 100'. House is about 150'. And shop is about 200'. And tall fir trees above shop go up another say 100'. So sea to top of firs is about 300'. And launch from all sites. So thinking how to set RTH altitude to cover all bases.

For you it may be a simple calculation but for others it may not be. For example, yesterday I was at a place which was about 3000' and trees were about 50' above that level. For me it is easy to understand trees at 50' above zero point and plan my RTH accordingly. It makes no sense to set RTH at 3050. Do you get my point?

It's a matter of time, you will realize that setting home point as zero has advantages.

Without an 'absolute' current pressure reading at your launch site your still just approximating.

You seem to have good estimations already so go with that +100 or so.

Am newbie so maybe there are none. But...
Live by Saratoga Passage in WA State. Sea is about zero. Cottage is about 100'. House is about 150'. And shop is about 200'. And tall fir trees above shop go up another say 100'. So sea to top of firs is about 300'. And launch from all sites. So thinking how to set RTH altitude to cover all bases.

This confuses me. I'm wondering if you understand how it all works.

Yo set the RTH altitude to about 50' above the highest point anywhere you are flying. If the Phantom looses connection it will raise up to the RTH or remain at it's current height if higher and fly back to the home point. The RTH point is based on your take off point so this is why you simply use that as a basis for the tallest point plus 50'. How high above sea level (if this is what you mean by absolute zero) should not come in play in any situation/setting.

true
so I guess set to 300 + 50-100
then covered wherever launching from
no need to change for beach, cottage, house, shop
thank you

still confused tho less confused, thank you
what does the stuff in the red boxes mean, in newbie English
huh? Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.49.40 AM.png

It simply means activating RTH when your aircraft is within 65' distance will not rise to RTH height, it will simply land at the current point.

Second point says that your RC will be in effective during RTH when it's rising to 65'. But you can make RC effective during that time if you press RTH button again which will cancel the RTH process.

Reactions: Loz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj