Possible to record a full flight in 4K?

Reaction score
Is it possible for anyone to record a whole flight in 4K? After 9 minutes a second .mov or .mp4 gets created but that file is not readable. Not if I press stop and restart a second recording myself, and not if it is done automatically after 4GB is reached. Adobe Premiere sais of those second files: "The file has no audio or video stream".

The maximum I can record of any flight is now about 9 minutes, the other 9 minutes is always lost.
The SDCard is a SanDisk Ultra 32GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC
I formatted the card to exFAT and before I used FAT32. It doesn't really make a difference.

Try another card.
In the past I had never an issue with that. I have not checked it with the pro after the last update.
Did you first stop recording and then turn-off the bird or just turn-off power after a flight?

No issues. Usually end up with a 4 gig and 3 gig file for a normal flight.

Reactions: Theradrone
no need format...this no help...
fat und ex fat partition using file up to 3.9 GB no biger...
take edit software and merge an 2 videos in 1 video..

Indeed a format does not help. The second file is still not readable. Merging both files in Avidemux results in 9:33 minutes working video (stretched across both files) of 15:54 minutes total video time. The second file does not load in Adobe Premiere. I shall buy a new SD card. Any recommends on what type of card works?

maybe try with oder software...mouviemaker?? edius??
i have 2-3 part and no problem with merging in edius...

I read something about turning off the P3 before stopping the recording will cause a problem. The camera needs to end the file before ac is turned off. It said you could put the card back in the ac and turn it on. I don't know if it works, but you may want to make sure recording is stopped before shut down.

one question,
Whether you're finished recording before you took out the drone?

Hi flash, yes i press stop before turning the power off. I have just tried the Lexar 633x SD card that was delivered with the Phantom3 and this works. The second file gets recorded normally. I shall buy a new 32 GB or 64 GB SD card from that same brand. I bought the SanDisk card in a respectable store so I wasn't expecting it to be a problem. Thank you guys for the help, much appreciated!

Indeed a format does not help. The second file is still not readable. Merging both files in Avidemux results in 9:33 minutes working video (stretched across both files) of 15:54 minutes total video time. The second file does not load in Adobe Premiere. I shall buy a new SD card. Any recommends on what type of card works?

Are you stopping the recording before shutting off? If you don't, the last file will not be closed properly and will be corrupted. There are ways to fix the files but make sure you stop the recording before powering down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl