Possible to modify Zenmuse HD-3D to carry more weight?

Reaction score
I just burned up my HD-2D because i added a Polarizer filter to the GoPro.

DJI said to was that extra weight that caused it.

I want to add a Sunex lens or similar to shoot no fisheye video. I'm pretty certain that it would blow out my Zenmuse.

So, is there any way to modify the Zenmuse to accommodate the extra weight?

It's not so much the weight but add some counter weight to balance. Search forums of people using coins and paperclips to counterbalance the added weight.

If your goal is to eliminate fisheye from your life, the 5.4mm lenses out there (RageCams is one source) are the way to go. I made that switch months ago, and have never looked back. These lenses weigh less than the stock fisheye, so until you then add a filter, you're actually adding a bit of weight on the lens side of the camera. I have flown several hundred flights on P1 and P2, mostly H3-2D and some H2-3D, and while the black magic of gimbal tuning seems endless, I have not burned out any gimbal motors or seen any evidence of lens change impact. The first ~50 flights were with the 5.4mm lens on an H3-2D with zero counter-balancing.

Kelly

If you want to eliminate fish eye, you can do it in camera by shooting less than wide or super view FOV or post via video editing software.

Personally I shoot 2.7k Medium FOV and get no props, feet or fisheye.

This is what I want my aerial to look like:

http://screencast.com/t/jvOSUr7eZYFw

Shooting fields requires a 50mm gov. Any hint of fisheye is not acceptable.

Ragecam does sell a 50mm GoPro lens for about $360.

Before I spend the same amount of money as the GoPro costs, I am going to take the Phantom up and with wide then ultra aid do some shots and then see if I can straighten them out in GoPro studio. I'm not real confident this will work.

PLUS if I get the Ragecam lens I have to counterbalance it and also risk burning out my HD-3D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues