Possible RTH Bug

Reaction score
Did a 20 minute full video recorded flight today and left record active, switched off my Tx (controller) to force the P2V home.
I like to watch the smooth landing it makes... :)

Problem is when the craft did an automatic powerdown, I believe it forgot to deactivate the video record and left the file in an unusable state. :x

While I'm aware its not a good practice to abandon an in progress video; it seems if the craft assumes responsibility for flying, landing and shutdown, it should also be smart enough to do a graceful video stop. :roll:

Anyone else have this experience? :?:

I've shut the Vision down several times before I hit the stop recording button, and after this the video was not playable on a PC.

This is what I did to fix it.

Start the Vision up again, and connect with your phone to it (the way you would normally do).
Use the DJI app to view the damaged recording... With a bit of luck video will play normally.
Now shutdown the Vision (the official way).

The recording should now be fixed.
This worked for me every time I made this mistake.

Small note. The date of the video will be set to: 01-Jan-08 00:00, and the last +/- 30 seconds will be gone

I'm doubt the flight controller has any way to control the camera.

If video gets corrupted due to improper camera shutdown - just re-start the Phantom, and wait 30 seconds. It will repair & close the damaged file. The last few seconds of video *may* be deleted, however.

Noël said:
I've shut the Vision down several times before I hit the stop recording button, and after this the video was not playable on a PC.

This is what I did to fix it.

Start the Vision up again, and connect with your phone to it (the way you would normally do).
Use the DJI app to view the damaged recording... With a bit of luck video will play normally.
Now shutdown the Vision (the official way).

The recording should now be fixed.
This worked for me every time I made this mistake.

Small note. The date of the video will be set to: 01-Jan-08 00:00, and the last +/- 30 seconds will be gone

Very good. Indeed it worked as you said.

Thanks for the Tip!

I still believe DJI has a RTH bug; the firmware should'a done a clean powerdown when it has taken control. Although, I do understand it has only taken control of the avionics and I *might* still have control over the video/app signal; so, suppose they have an *out* there.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20