possible receiver error after crash.

Reaction score
hello all,

so my phantom 2 vision+ was flying along one day and suddenly got a mind of its own started flying away from me. as i am frantically chasing after it hoping that my radio would somehow take control back of the creature, it suddenly takes a dive and fell quite a good distance. after i got to it i could tell the motors were trying to spin still and still not responding to my controls so i quickly pulled the battery out. once i got back home i noticed a heavy burnt electronic smell. so i opened the top of the drone and noticed that 3 of the esc's had heavy burns and blown chips. i ordered some replacements and installed them (i do electronics repair by trade so soldering is nothing new to me.) now when i attempt to power it on the lights will flash green really fast like a camera flash, then the receiver light will blink, then it makes an odd chirp noise, then powers off. i can not get it to stay on long enough to use the assistant. i just wanted to try bouncing a few ideas off you guys as kind of a second opinion before i start wastefully spending on parts i don't need.

thanks in advance for any input you guys can offer.

Dragonryder said:
hello all,

so my phantom 2 vision+ was flying along one day and suddenly got a mind of its own started flying away from me. as i am frantically chasing after it hoping that my radio would somehow take control back of the creature, it suddenly takes a dive and fell quite a good distance. after i got to it i could tell the motors were trying to spin still and still not responding to my controls so i quickly pulled the battery out. once i got back home i noticed a heavy burnt electronic smell. so i opened the top of the drone and noticed that 3 of the esc's had heavy burns and blown chips. i ordered some replacements and installed them (i do electronics repair by trade so soldering is nothing new to me.) now when i attempt to power it on the lights will flash green really fast like a camera flash, then the receiver light will blink, then it makes an odd chirp noise, then powers off. i can not get it to stay on long enough to use the assistant. i just wanted to try bouncing a few ideas off you guys as kind of a second opinion before i start wastefully spending on parts i don't need.

thanks in advance for any input you guys can offer.

I hate to say it... but did you replace the 4th ESC? even without visible damage it might have been fried. It sounds like you're failing the self-check.

also - though I don't know that this would be related - make sure you do an advanced IMU calibration after a crash.

The other thing to check is the GPS plate to ensure there aren't any hairline fractures in that bad boy....

Thanks for the reply. I did not do the 4th esc. I may just replace it. I went ahead and ordered a receiver just to test it out. I figured I could always return it if I end up not needing it. Once I get it to a point that I can get it to stay on long enough to connect to the computer I will do the advanced calibration. Also once I get back in town I'll take the GPS board with me to work so I can look at it under a scope.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav