Possible FAA Changes

Reaction score
Just saw on the local news that the FAA is considering making changes to allow drones to fly over people. It would allow Amazon to deliver packages to your house via drone service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If true maybe they will relax some other stipulations as well.
I can't ever see Amazon or any other company delivering stuff by quad as too many people would get a kick out off knocking them out of the sky.
It would be like a new past time in some areas [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If true maybe they will relax some other stipulations as well.
I can't ever see Amazon or any other company delivering stuff by quad as too many people would get a kick out off knocking them out of the sky.
It would be like a new past time in some areas [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep.....
Hold my beer, watch this....!
Yea, I can see it now. LOL

Reactions: RayH
I guess I am cynical. I see the only reason they need to loosen restrictions for flying over people is for businesses like Amazon, and CNN and stuff like that.

I would be very happy, if they would allow me to make money with one for taking stock photography, and real estate and such....

Does that help you understand why many would love to shoot your drone down from the sky?

Since you share those feelings, will you be less angry if someone destroys your drone, since you can empathize with them?
I don't know..n that's a great question! I teens really... if they give some stupid excuse like because it's loud, that yes. If they said bc it's bothering them... yes. If they said they have a fear of drones... not as much. But if amazon kame and asked me than I don't know what I would say lol great question,

I don't know..n that's a great question! I teens really... if they give some stupid excuse like because it's loud, that yes. If they said bc it's bothering them... yes. If they said they have a fear of drones... not as much. But if amazon kame and asked me than I don't know what I would say lol great question,
Yeah, I often wonder how or if my feelings toward drones were different if I didn't own several.
I'm a country boy at heart who has spent the last half of his life in an urban environment, and I believe I'd be more offended in the country, and feel more invaded because the expectation of privacy is greater in a rural area. Living in the city I assume the only time I truly have privacy is behind closed doors and closed windows, and a drone flying over my yard wouldn't bother me as much.

Thanks for actually answering my questions.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Imagine you don't know what a drone is, and you see one that has the amazon logo on it, and you hate amazkn for some reason, would you throw a rock at ita. I mean just imagine throwing the rock... lol pretty fun target prctice;-)

I'm wondering what products Amazon and Walmart will deliver by drones?
Pharmaceutical products? Mail?
I don't know, but I'm still wondering where the profit will be made.

Order a cheap pair of socks from Wal-mart. Capture and re-purpose the drone. I profit :)

According to Amazon, 86% of their deliveries weigh less than 5 lbs. As an Amazon Prime member who buys weekly from Amazon, I'd say 98% of my deliveries weigh less than 5 lbs - so this makes sense to me. Their model for drone delivery is for limited urban areas, packages will be 5 lbs or less, and there will have to be an Amazon fulfillment center within 10 miles of the delivery address. I see this as a great advantage to customers like me - I have an 80,000 sq ft fulfillment center about 4 miles below me, in Kent Valley, and look forward to their "30 Minute Delivery" service. Right now I have 2nd day delivery - order in the evening and it is on my porch the next afternoon. I believe they have implemented same day delivery within Seattle's downtown business core and surrounding neighborhoods. So 30 minute drone delivery seems like a natural next step, and one that will be quite profitable for the company.
Great article debunking the naysayers:
6 myths about Amazon Prime Air and drone delivery, debunked

Order a cheap pair of socks from Wal-mart. Capture and re-purpose the drone. I profit :)
LOL.
But in reality, the drones will all have trackers to show their location, and you, as the thief, will have no control over the drone.
I don't expect this to be any bigger problem than the bandits who hijack UPS trucks....lol.
And a drone delivered package is just as much at risk for porch thieves as a truck delivered package.
Actually since the drone delivered package will have a 30 minute delivery time from placing the order, I imagine there will always be a customer on the other end awaiting the quick delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger
Just saw on the local news that the FAA is considering making changes to allow drones to fly over people. It would allow Amazon to deliver packages to your house via drone service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well what a suprise ( not ) funny how things can change when big companies with big bucks want there way

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

well what a suprise ( not ) funny how things can change when big companies with big bucks want there way

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
This isn't necessarily bad. From the government's point of view, Amazon is big enough and competent enough to do the engineering to get it right and has enough financial backing to deal with any liabilities should they come up. It may give UAVs more freedom to maneuver around built up areas when they find that crashing one doesn't end the world as we know it.

Although I'm not entirely sure I want a sky full of Amazon drones around with flashing adverts (which will come). Fortunately, where I live this isn't going to happen for a very long while.

This isn't necessarily bad. From the government's point of view, Amazon is big enough and competent enough to do the engineering to get it right and has enough financial backing to deal with any liabilities should they come up. It may give UAVs more freedom to maneuver around built up areas when they find that crashing one doesn't end the world as we know it.

Although I'm not entirely sure I want a sky full of Amazon drones around with flashing adverts (which will come). Fortunately, where I live this isn't going to happen for a very long while.

Here too. Corn and cows don't buy much from Amazon or Walmart.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic