Possible 4.02 issue

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Something seems really off with 4.02.

I have been flying my Phantom for a few months and I would consider myself a pretty good pilot. I know what my Phantom can do and I have not crashed in a long time. I also do regular maintenance on my Phantom. I upgraded to 4.02 yesterday and took it for a flight today. I flew around for about 4-5 minutes and as I came back in the 1st level voltage alarm kicked in. All of a sudden my Phantom turned to stone and crashed.

I now have a crushed landing skid, broken prop guard, and it looks like I may have an issue with my Tarot gimbal. I want to jump on 4.02 being the issue because it seemed to be a bit buggy when it came to flying the F550 that I am building. All of the controls were fine on 4.0 and then they were totally reversed when I updated the F550 to 4.02.

I've only flown once with 4.02 but I noticed my 2nd warning auto-land was much more rapid than before. I need more flights with 4.02 though to tell for sure.

Gizmo3000 said:
they say you need to install the Phantom default settings once you update a Phantom to 4.0/4.02
maybe your voltages setting were wonky.

4.02 kept my settings so I did not worry about it. It also flew fine for a while before it lost all power. Maybe I should try that after I fix the mess that my Phantom is in. The Gimbal is fixed. but my gopro's housing is scratched. :(

I checked the lipos and they are at 57%. I had plenty of juice in the batteries so I am still guessing that there is something terribly wrong with 4.02.

sundara nēvalā said:
in my district no good pilots has prop guards. they crutches of newbie story not make senses.

I have lights mounted on the prop guards. Flying at night is fun. :lol:

sundara nēvalā said:
in my district no good pilots has prop guards. they crutches of newbie story not make senses.

Lol why are you using a different user name? Its not really hard to see JSG and you are from the same village but which one has the crown of village idiot? Id give it to JSG as your maybe trying not to get this user name banned or suspended like your original likely has been.

Okay so 4.02 was not the issue at all. I finally took my Phantom apart and noticed a crimped motor wire that was causing a short. I fixed the issue and took my Phantom up for a test fly. Everything checked out. :roll:

miskatonic said:
Okay so 4.02 was not the issue at all. I finally took my Phantom apart and noticed a crimped motor wire that was causing a short. I fixed the issue and took my Phantom up for a test fly. Everything checked out. :roll:

so awesomes that your crutch still is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now you need to learn to flies without the crutches like most folks!

sundara nēvalā said:
miskatonic said:

Just some jerk, you are such a tool and you are not fooling anybody.

miskatonic said:
sundara nēvalā said:
miskatonic said:

Just some jerk, you are such a tool and you are not fooling anybody.

The truth apparently hurts. You only have yourself to blame for the goofy crap that you continue to post.

Not trying to fool anyone, least of all dimwits like you.

I do believe that folks deserve to be protected from the many horribly misguided/idiotic things that you post though.

The most recent example of your idiocy:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3582

The depressingly familiar language of justsomeguy.

Is this really how you want to be? Why do you have so much contempt in your words? This is a fun and learning place, and some are less or more advanced along this path than yourself. Let them have their say, we all were there once. Be brave instead, and accept the failings of others, offer support. It's the bully that lurks in the shadows and safety of anonymity.

He does it because he feeds on the responses. That's what all trolls do. I must admit I laughed when he revealed himself. I don't understand how someone can get enjoyment out of being so petulant. Best thing to do is ignore him and report any anti social behaviour. There are plenty of guys here worth listening to.

boat chaser said:
He does it because he feeds on the responses. That's what all trolls do. I must admit I laughed when he revealed himself. I don't understand how someone can get enjoyment out of being so petulant. Best thing to do is ignore him and report any anti social behaviour. There are plenty of guys here worth listening to.
+1

I don't know about anybody else, but sense upgrading to 4.02 my Phantom seems more stable especially on it's descent. There is still some rock and roll, but not as bad as it was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20