Positive report of quad aircraft working with local firefighters

Press is always negative... because that's what people want to read. Press would be largely ignored if it discussed the thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of uneventful flights that occurred daily.

Every time I see a crap story about how drones are evil I am emailing this to the editors.
Editors know bad press sells though. They gotta bring in the dollars ;)

Editors know bad press sells though. They gotta bring in the dollars ;)

Well maybe they will want to start a pissing match with me. I'm retired and own a computer and having nothing better to do than write sponsors that the media their advertising dollars support is missing a way to attract viewership. Do you know what sells media besides out and out fear? .........Controversy.

Reactions: Jeff48920
With all of the negative press regarding our aircraft I thought I'd share how one of "us" helped local firefighters extinguish a blaze at a local business.

Drone footage shows size, fury of Pepino’s restaurant fire

For one thing I see nothing positive about Midrone's aerial coverage that wasn't cover by Channel 4 News coverage both on the ground and aerial didn't cover. The fire departments didn't any help from Bill Adams on ware to direct water while fighting that fire. Mr Adams was doing nothing more then show boating. I live in the Walled Lake area and it was worth my time to go there and video tape the fire.

For one thing I see nothing positive about Midrone's aerial coverage that wasn't cover by Channel 4 News coverage both on the ground and aerial didn't cover. The fire departments didn't any help from Bill Adams on ware to direct water while fighting that fire. Mr Adams was doing nothing more then show boating. I live in the Walled Lake area and it was worth my time to go there and video tape the fire.

What you say may be accurate but in the public eye, it's a positive. That was my point.

What you say may be accurate but in the public eye, it's a positive. That was my point.

Difference of opinion.

I seen nothing in that article by Carol Hopkins of the Oakland Press that promoted a positive outlook toward UAV's If you want to call self promoting one's business then that's exactly what he did but he didn't portray our hobby in a positive light to anyone.

Wow, I thought that was a great article. Sure, it helped promote his business, but he did it while talking to the fire department and the Fire Captain even said it was "definitely helpful." It was all positive, nothing negative whatsoever. I don't understand how anyone could have any hostility toward that article and what happened with the drone.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.