Poor Range for Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
I have a brand new Phantom 4 Pro and am horrified as to the very poor range it achieves. My Mavic Pro achieves around 2km range without losing signal yet my Phantom 4 Pro battles to reach 400 meters and then loses contact completely. The manufactures state a range of 4-6km's yet my unit can't even achieve 10% of that claim. What do I do? Gutted and totally dissapointed.

I can only imagine you are taking off in a high-interference area. Are there any radio towers/powerlines around? Where exactly are you located? I'd suggest to download WIFI ANALYZER app for android and run it on both the 2.4/5ghz frequencies to test what your smartphone can pick up. Interference should not be a problem on 5ghz at all, given the amount of channels to jump to...but it can be an issue with 2.4ghz. There's also another option to look at here:

Phantom 4 Pro - 32 Channels hack

Additionally, you can try focusing your antennas on the RC. Perhaps buy this cheap gadget which wraps around your 2 OEM antennas and amplifies the range - NOT that you should need that for anything under 5km line of sight, but...I'm just making additional suggestions since no one has bothered to chime in and help.

Next test should be done on a calm dry day, out in a field in the middle of nowhere, with no interference to speak of. If you still have issues, consult your reseller or DJI directly for a DOA/warranty return etc. Goodluck.

RoOSTA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4