Poor quality on transmission

Reaction score
I am using an iPad Air and have a Phantom 4 and I am having issues with the quality of the transmission during flights. It's very choppy at times and then go into a portion of the screen being green. It just starting doing this but I don't have much history to go by seeing I am a rather new but I do have quite a few flights under my belt and I did not notice this when I fist got it
The other thing is, I'm assuming with the Phantom 4 and using version 4.0.7 I do not have a way to change frequencies. My concern for this is we own a family park and one of our attractions is laser tag. We have very high end guns that run on 2.4. With sometimes 32 guns being used I do not have any idea weather this will be an issue or not. But I do not see an option to switch frequencies. Thanks

Turn on Hardware encoding in the DJI Go App, do not run any other Apps at the same time as GO, switch from Auto to Custom channel selection and turn down the transmission signal to 4mbs.

Reactions: jsposito
Turn on Hardware encoding in the DJI Go App, do not run any other Apps at the same time as GO, switch from Auto to Custom channel selection and turn down the transmission signal to 4mbs.
I am going to try this (4mbs). My video signal changes from day to day, from poor to excellent. And at times get that dreaded green partial screen.

I wil give that a try. Today it was excellent and I had not read your reply, go figure. Any reason why it's good one day and not the next?

Just want to chime in and say cloud cover and forecasts for rain disrupt my video image. I checked my settings and they are by default i guess 4mbs. good luck

I wil give that a try. Today it was excellent and I had not read your reply, go figure. Any reason why it's good one day and not the next?
Weather and inteference from other 2.4Ghz devices can create havoc. As posted earlier, custom select a clean channel and drop your transmission rate to 4mbps. If you move away from potential sources of inteference, that can help a lot as well.

Yes, but regarding selecting a single channel - what happens to the p4 if that certain channel goes unstable?

sorry that's just more of a help question for me : )

Yes, but regarding selecting a single channel - what happens to the p4 if that certain channel goes unstable?
The only time that would happen would be if you were to move into an area that had 'traffic' on your channel or if someone had a device that they brought into your vicinity. My cordless phone will do that on occasion. I run a boosted setup and it creates a lot noise when I switch it on and have to select a channel away from that area of the band selection. I have on occasion had to switch channels during flight as the screen starts breaking up, that was my fault for not checking at a new location prior to flying.

thanks for the suggestion...so there is a bit of time to change channels.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik