Poor images today

Reaction score
I did a Farm shoot for an estate agents at the weekend and they are not happy with the outcome, as you can see the sheep are blurry, its the first time ive been out since November so have not done any updates since then, I was shooting in 4k with no filters, anybody any ideas as pre november the images were crystal clear.

Attachments

• DJI_0033.JPG
    DJI_0033.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 584
Nice looking sheep.... It's not just them that are blurry though. I can see why the client wasn't happy.

What were your settings?

my settings were raw - 4.3 image size - wb-auto - 4k 4096x2160 24 - colour-log - style-none

where do I find the shutter speed, I dont know about that one

Your shutter was 1/800 in that shot - it's in the exif.
So it wasn't slow.
It looks out of focus and possibly too much noise reduction or something going on.
Quite a mess really.
Try some test shots not flying, it could just resolve itself after a restart.
If your video is 4K the screengrabs should be much better than that.

the shutter speed was set at manual, should I upgrade to the latest firmware

So it wasn't slow.
It looks out of focus and possibly too much noise reduction or something going on.
Quite a mess really.
Where do I find the exif and what do you mean by noise reduction

So it wasn't slow.
Quite a mess really.
were my original settings ok

Where do I find the exif and what do you mean by noise reduction
You can upload the image to this site and get the exif data.
Jeffrey Friedl's Exif (Image Metadata) Viewer

Sounds to me like you're kind of new to photography and your Phantom. Once you start to understand how to use the camera settings and the P3 better, you'll start to like your photos better. You are correct that the posted photo isn't the quality it could be from the P3. 4wd offers good advise.

You can upload the image to this site and get the exif data.
Jeffrey Friedl's Exif (Image Metadata) Viewer

Sounds to me like you're kind of new to photography and your Phantom. Once you start to understand how to use the camera settings and the P3 better, you'll start to like your photos better. You are correct that the posted photo isn't the quality it could be from the P3. 4wd offers good advise.
I am new to photography but have had my bird since last june, done loads of images and have about 20 vids up on yt and they have been good, its my first time out this year since last November, I dont know if I should upgrade to the latest firmware or not

There seems to be some that recommend against firmware updates. I'm not one of them. I've done every update that applies to my P3P for over a year and they have all gone well without a problem. I'll very likely be doing the latest update this afternoon or tomorrow. I had a command stick problem with my controller and it's been back to DJI. It's supposed to be delivered back to me today and the update will get done to everything.

Here's a little guide that might help with your photography. Good luck.

Attachments

• Photo-Stuff.jpg
    Photo-Stuff.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 321
If you update the firmware now it's only another variable which is not good for fault finding - none of the firmware changes have had much if any effect on image quality.
Mine deliberately hasn't been updated since late last year either and seems fine.
Thanks, could you confirm if my original settings were ok, should i of been in jpeg instead of raw and in widescreen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20