Poor FPV range

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Have ph2 v2 up and running nicely and just installed an FPV system yesterday. I've done a few flights in great conditions, but have only managed about 100 meters before the video breaks up.

I have the following installed:
-TS832
-LCD5802
-iosd mini

Right now, stock antennas are installed but BluBeams are on the way.

Even with stock, I feel like I should be getting more range. I've gone through various channel and band setups as both are 32 channel.

Soldering looks okay, but I'm not the best.

Any insight on other things I can look into short of a new tx? Would mediocre soldering decrease the range? Anyone know good channel combos with the same setup?

Thanks, as always, for the help.

Scorpio

I'm no expert, and I can prove it!
I have read that the TS832 doesn't push out as much as it's rating indicates, but I am unsure.
I have a 600mw immersion, Black pearl 7ch, a directional antenna with spiros also, and I've flown out over a mile. Also through some trees and stuff and still kept an ok signal.(Not perfect, but ok)

I tried a fatshark head set with stock antennas and the signal started breaking up at less than 100 yards also, so it all went back. (I'm sure I was doing something not quite right but it was enough to scare me)

My first guess would be to improve your antennas which is the direction you are already going.

Good Luck!

With stock antennas, make sure the one on the quad is pointing straight down and the ones on the receiver pretty much straight up.

Height is you friend, with better signal when you are 25m and more up in the air.

The BluBeams will do a little better, but will mainly reduce fade as you turn rather than just more outright range.

Pick a frequency closest to 5800GHz, as the antennae are tuned to this as well.

Thanks for the help thus far. I had read that the 832 was putting out around 200mw, but figured that could still get me decent range. I was going to get the Immersion 600 but heard that it didn't play nice with my Boscam monitor.

Scorpio

small update: I checked all of my connections this morning and everything looked solid. So after some more experimenting, I can greatly reduce all interference by placing foil under my monitor between it and the transmitter.

Do others with the 5802 monitor see this? I saw one on YouTube but that's about it. I know new antennas and maybe another video tx could help, but is the root problem the monitor?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31