Pondering some upgrades V1.1.1

Reaction score
Seems I was a good boy this year and Santa delivered a new Phantom for me. My first one after wanting it for ages haha.

Before I dive in and install an H3-2D I first wanted to add a few minor upgrades to the P1. After browsing around for goodies I think I've settled on some 8" carbon fiber props from DSLRPros, and a few 3S 2400 mAH 35C batteries. Might also upgrade the landing gear, not sure yet.

Any thoughts on the props and batteries?

HeliRy said:
Seems I was a good boy this year and Santa delivered a new Phantom for me. My first one after wanting it for ages haha.

Before I dive in and install an H3-2D I first wanted to add a few minor upgrades to the P1. After browsing around for goodies I think I've settled on some 8" carbon fiber props from DSLRPros, and a few 3S 2400 mAH 35C batteries. Might also upgrade the landing gear, not sure yet.

Any thoughts on the props and batteries?

Consider:

9in stock Phantom Vision props are showing to be superior, and they are a fraction of those DSLRPros

http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-2700-mah- ... -xt60.html
Above is just one of several new, larger lipos to fit the Phantom v1.1.1 or before.

When considering landing gear, do not forget to consider the fact you may want a case also for travel and protection- some landing gear made on the aftermarket will not simply fit those premade cases without dis-assembly. I love my landing gear, but I have to pull all the screws to put it in my case- and it is time consuming setting it up- some of the gear out there you can pull the copter, and fly in a minute.

Just had a run out with the phantomn1.1.1 with the 2800mah Dinogy battery fitted.

flying with a turnigy nanotech and fully loaded bird (zenuse/gopro/fpv/vision props) gave 9m50.
the dinogy stretched that out another 2 mins to 11m50s.
Battery monitor indicated 16% charge remaining and 11.04v after flight.

Light winds, temperature 5c normal flying.

The dinogy fits in (snug!!) without any mods.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers