Poll--more fly aways with Naza or phantom software?

Reaction score
Nope - Else people would avoid doing whatever it is that causes them.

General consensus of opinion is that they are caused by stuck accelerometers and the only way to shock it back out of the flyaway is to flick the Naza to manual mode for a few seconds.

On top of that, how many are REAL-LY fly-aways?

I feel like we've discovered that a lot of the flyaways on P2 non-Vision were due to people leaving the gopro's wifi on. Sure there's other causes too but a lot of people have admitted to that.

imo, no real reason to go to Naza mode unless you want full manual for some reason. If you just want an easy way to bring the Phantom home if you lose track of it or orientation, then (in Phantom mode) enable manual Failsafe via the right RC toggle switch. by default both up and down position are NormalFly, but you can change the down position to Failsafe so the Phantom will come home automatically yet your RC is still on and you can resume control at any time by flipping back to NormalFly

of course you want a proper home lock before you fly, and to test it out at short ranges before relying on it at long range but I use the feature all the time like a "return to home then descend" autopilot

Opwan said:
Ok, I guess I'll be flying in Phantom mode, since no one has helped me out. :cry:

There's alot of hoopla over the 'mode' thing.

Once you become comfortable flying you'll want to try new things and the 'IOC' modes available in NAZA control have their uses.

Neither mode in and of itself is going to prohibit or create a fly-away.
That is mostly operator error in one form or another.

the only user-configurable settings are found in Phantom Assistant. Going to have to go with a "no" to that one

copy/paste from a prior post of mine:
OK so, right now in Phantom mode the 2 control switches on your remote don't do anything (during flight) right? In the Phantom assistant software, go to the Basic / RC tab. see at the bottom "Control Mode Switch"? there's only 1 thing you can change, on the right the dropbox (by default) says Normal Fly. If you change that to Failsafe, then while your phantom is up in the air if you click the right switch full down the Phantom will go into Failsafe (the lights on the bottom normally green will start blinking yellow) the same as if it loses touch with the RC . wherever it is, the P will fly back to it's home position (the GPS position it locked when you turned it on) and descend until it lands. You can flip the control switch back to normal and resume control at any time (yellow blinking lights go back to green). I basically use this feature as a "fly back overhead and start descending" autopilot... especially useful if I'm WAY up in the air (at 2m/s descend rate, that's a while to descend from 200m or so) or very far off and just don't feel like manually flying back overhead. just flip the switch any time to resume normal control.

of course you'll want to test it at short range before relying on it at longer ranges... remember:
if the Phantom is below 20m and Failsafe is triggered, it will ascend to 20m, fly to home point, and descend
if the Phantom is above 20m, it will fly to home point and descend

Opwan said:
QYV said:
of course you'll want to test it at short range before relying on it at longer ranges... remember:
if the Phantom is below 20m and Failsafe is triggered, it will ascend to 20m, fly to home point, and descend
if the Phantom is above 20m, it will fly to home point and descend
If it is higher than 20m will it stay at it's present altitude or will it descend to 20m?

I feel like your question was answered in my post that you quoted? heh. but in case it wasn't clear... if you are above 20m (from the home point! doesn't take into account terrain changes) the phantom will stay at it's current altitude as it flies over to it's home point and then descends.

If you're at 21 or more meters height the Phantom won't descend until it feels like it's over it's home point.

I wonder if the + camera is interfering ? Some posted about it. Makes sense , on my 450 with a möbius action cam. I kept loseing sat lock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj