Poll: How many people actually have a 4k screen

Do you edit your 4k Video on a 4k Monitor?

• I have both a 4k Monitor & TV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I'm just curious with all the 4k drones out there how many of the owners have a 4k display device. My initial thoughts are not many but if we are innovative enough to be part of dronenation then I'm sure a 4k playing device was already part of the arsenal.

So far, I'm very impressed with the 4k footage the Phantom captures and my Laptop supports 4k but I've been very unimpressed with the online options for 4k streaming. It's time for me to test out Vimeo (unpaid) because Youtube is horrendous trying to stream a 4k clip on a 100mb download internet.

None of my clients (even one TV production group) want 4K footage so I shoot everything in 1080p. I supposed when I do move up to shooting in 4K I'll have to purchase a 4K system for editing AND a 4K TV just to I can preview it (That's my excuse anyway LOL).

I'm just curious with all the 4k drones out there how many of the owners have a 4k display device. My initial thoughts are not many but if we are innovative enough to be part of dronenation then I'm sure a 4k playing device was already part of the arsenal.

So far, I'm very impressed with the 4k footage the Phantom captures and my Laptop supports 4k but I've been very unimpressed with the online options for 4k streaming. It's time for me to test out Vimeo (unpaid) because Youtube is horrendous trying to stream a 4k clip on a 100mb download internet.
Vimeo free only gives you 500mb/week, soon use that up with 4K.
I have a 4K phantom, but no 4K monitor or processing, Dashware does not work on 4K, but there is a workaround.

Only my P3P is 4K but post pro is not. I sill shoot in 4K in case I need to crop in post pro so I keep good resolution. I bought my P3P knowing I will not be able to take advantage of 4K right away. But at least I'm ready when the time comes.

Reactions: Falcon900
You guys are all on the same thought process as me. No one ever says I want 4k, but it's nice to be able to shoot in 4k and export in 1080p and be able to scale a bit more especially when those propellers pop into the frame.

Reactions: Falcon900
Sadly I don't have a display or a computer that can drive/render/display or support 4K. I figure next year I will build myself a nice editing rig and set it up with 4K editing in mind. Right now I like editing on the go with my cheap laptops.

I do, but I'm in IT and my work background is with a major news organization so i'm used to dealing with it.

There are other advantages of shooting 4K now in a 1080 world. For each pixel in 1080 footage, 4K produces 4 individual pixels with individual brightness and color information as opposed to a single brightness and color in a 1080 pixel. Plus, years from now when everything is in 8k you'll still be able to enjoy your footage instead of it looking like it came from the tube television era.

Reactions: AyeYo and varangian
I have a 55" 4K TV that I use sometimes. Just ordered a 27" 5K iMac. Looking forward to watching videos on there.

Reactions: zacksomeone
My HDTV died last summer and I replaced it with a 55-inch 4K. Pretty much any TV now above a certain size is 4K.

I also upgraded my Roku player to one of the new 4K models. I can stream in 4K with it via YouTube, from my computer using the Plex app, or off of a flash drive.

The highest I can set YouTube at is 1080. Is there a 4K setting?

I bought a well equipped computer for editing 4K if I needed to, but don't have a 4K monitor or tv yet. 1080, for me, is fine for now.

None of my clients (even one TV production group) want 4K footage so I shoot everything in 1080p. I supposed when I do move up to shooting in 4K I'll have to purchase a 4K system for editing AND a 4K TV just to I can preview it (That's my excuse anyway LOL).

While it would nice to a 4K monitor in the studio for editing but it is not necessary. But not having one or clients who do not want 4k footage is no reason not to shoot in 4K which has better resolution and higher quality then HD (1080p) plus that higher resolution can be down-rezed to whichever video format you wish.

The highest I can set YouTube at is 1080. Is there a 4K setting?

If the video was uploaded in 4K (or 2.7K) those options should be there.

If the video was uploaded in 4K (or 2.7K) those options should be there.

I'll have to check but all of my videos on YouTube should have been uploaded in 4K. They came directly from my SD card.

I'll have to check but all of my videos on YouTube should have been uploaded in 4K. They came directly from my SD card.

If your 4K footage is shot 3840 x 2160 in 60fps you have to change the frame rate to 30fps (3840 x 2160 in 30fps). So if you don't change the frame rate all 4K/2K footage in youtube will be 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.