POLL? How many on here shoot in Auto and Semi-auto camera modes on their P4P?

Reaction score
Love to know the reasons for shooting in Auto or even Aperture Priority or Shutter Priority on this drone? I pretty much try to set optimal settings reading histogram for intended flight with best light and shoot it. With any kind of auto settings your scene is going to be changing on you too much I would think. Anyone else on their experience?

I switch to Manual mode when I'm getting into low light conditions. Otherwise the drone is to far away to actually do something with bokah because it's too short which means you have to get close and I don't want to get that close.

Now I have played with settings in video but that's another kettle of fish.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Except for Christmas lights and Fireworks I set it to Auto and do the best I can. Anything else which needs Manual, Aperture, or Shutter speed modes I just use a human transported camera .

I guess I should have said mainly talking video on this. With Auto setting on video don't you get a little bit of white balance changing on your and your exposure kind of going in and out changing too Lickitysplit? Just curious.

I shot my first video on auto WB and didn't see any shift in color temp. I've always used manual iris/shutter/etc. Since then I've been using manual settings across the board because I just feel more confident in the results.

Its so easy with this camera to simply select ISO 100, Shutter 120 (Assuming you're shooting 60 FPS. If 24FPS then shutter @ 1/50th and then just adjust your aperture as needed until you get the EV to show up as 0.0. If it's still too bright to you can pick up some ND filters. This should get you the most cinematic looking video which I would assume everyone wants.

I use manual for everything. Video especially. Nothing bugs me more than auto exposing due to a scene change in the same shot or a white balance shift in a shadow area while recording. Usually always manual for pics too unless I am doing portraits (rarely) which I'll set on aperture priority and auto focus here and there

I use manual for everything. Video especially. Nothing bugs me more than auto exposing due to a scene change in the same shot or a white balance shift in a shadow area while recording. Usually always manual for pics too unless I am doing portraits (rarely) which I'll set on aperture priority and auto focus here and there
This is exactly the way I do it to juicedrummer! I had that happen one time. Never again. LOL. It's too easy to read histogram and set your shutter to twice frame rate on video with according ND that gets close to F4 or 5.6 or so. Then with stills same way I just read histo and pick that sweet aperture at F4 to 5.6 or so and just adjust shutter accordingly. Scroll wheel on top of transmitter is so quick for this! This bird rocks btw! Loved my P4's but this new cam is incredible tbo!

This is exactly the way I do it to juicedrummer! I had that happen one time. Never again. LOL. It's too easy to read histogram and set your shutter to twice frame rate on video with according ND that gets close to F4 or 5.6 or so. Then with stills same way I just read histo and pick that sweet aperture at F4 to 5.6 or so and just adjust shutter accordingly. Scroll wheel on top of transmitter is so quick for this! This bird rocks btw! Loved my P4's but this new cam is incredible tbo!

Agreed! I've been stuck trying to correct color on the same shot that changed because if an auto setting and it's just not worth the hassle!

Manual always. Unless just banging around not shooting anything specific. On auto, I do use the spot metering thing and tap the screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl