Poll- Flying your P3 (or any drone) within the law or not

Do you fly your P3 (or any other drone) within current CAA or FAA guidelines?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to gauge if drone pilots across the world and back here in the UK are abiding by the FAA/CAA requirements for minimum distance requirements.

I'm asking because I'm shortly getting a P3 and seeing all the YouTube footage over pilots going over cities, towns, villages etc I guess some are (or might not be aware) of the legal requirements.

Just wanting to get a idea on what pilots do, especially with the super range of the P3A/P

Nick

Maybe the votes should have been anonymous? Let's see who publicly admits to being a public nuisance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in re-reading the choices, it seems #1 and #3 are the same...n'est-ce pas?

Kinda
One says they do fly according to the rules and the other not...but then both say they follow the rules anyway ....sort of.

Choice 3 is the less law-abiding answer tho.
There's some implied deviance in choice 3

"mostly" vs "at all times"

Yes... I have gone to 401 feet in altitude... I stated it publicly a couple months ago. I state it again here for the record. It felt absolutely exhilarating. I could but definitely WILL NOT attest to going to 402 accidently as I never came down from the 401 foot high that I still maintain.

Reactions: nickyb
Yeah.. can't say I've been following Canada's guidelines... at all. Sometimes you have to be a rebel. I don't however fly near airports, over crowded areas, or be one of those people that have to film a forest fire. I was recently surprised to get in trouble by a park ranger for flying in the mountain ranges. Can't say I followed her guidelines either... I mean really, it is just rocks and trees. :confused:

A lot of trees and rivers in my area. Soooo I have to admit I fly autonomous with GS along the rivers and that is not LOS. Away from my home point I fly LOS only.

Reactions: BigAl07 and nickyb
Yes... I have gone to 401 feet in altitude... I stated it publicly a couple months ago. I state it again here for the record. It felt absolutely exhilarating. I could but definitely WILL NOT attest to going to 402 accidently as I never came down from the 401 foot high that I still maintain.
Good for you....surely law enforcement can't through the book at pilots who go a bit above specified limits?

Yeah.. can't say I've been following Canada's guidelines... at all. Sometimes you have to be a rebel. I don't however fly near airports, over crowded areas, or be one of those people that have to film a forest fire. I was recently surprised to get in trouble by a park ranger for flying in the mountain ranges. Can't say I followed her guidelines either... I mean really, it is just rocks and trees. :confused:
Nice 1

A lot of trees and rivers in my area. Soooo I have to admit I fly autonomous with GS along the rivers and that is not LOS. Away from my home point I fly LOS only.
I like your signature.....good things to remember.

I guess even if a pilot goes above the 400ft limited by not so many feet, how can law enforcement check in the first place. Also, the altimeter will not be 100 percent accurate.

There's a saying about there being no judge where there's no prosecutor.
Millions of people drive above the speed limit every day.
Just be aware of what you're doing and concentrate on doing it without hurting others.

CAA and FAA guidelines are outdated in most countries and were designed to keep 300 ton machines from falling from the sky with hundreds of passengers, causing millions in damage and lost lives.
Until there are clear international rules for plastic robots, it's all laughable.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1