Police showed up...

Reaction score
My brother and I both have phantoms and were flying around the other night. Went inside and a few minutes later the doorbell was ringing and it was the police. Basically wanted to check out the quads, asked if they had infrared cameras, and said not to use them for spying on people. They were actually really nice about the whole thing and wanted to know how much they were and where they could buy them. They were quite impressed with them and thought they were fun to watch in the sky. Tonight we were out flying again and on the local police scanner page on Facebook and came across this "Report of suspicious circumstances in the vicinity of Elm Rd involving 2 alleged Drones that have been flying in the area". Weather is finally starting to break so I'm guessing we aren't the only people outside at night anymore. It probably doesn't help that we have strobe's and headlight kits on them. The comments that folks are making are quite comedic although some people are afraid that it's Obama spying on them, lol.

jetdust said:
My brother and I both have phantoms and were flying around the other night. Went inside and a few minutes later the doorbell was ringing and it was the police. Basically wanted to check out the quads, asked if they had infrared cameras, and said not to use them for spying on people. They were actually really nice about the whole thing and wanted to know how much they were and where they could buy them. They were quite impressed with them and thought they were fun to watch in the sky. Tonight we were out flying again and on the local police scanner page on Facebook and came across this "Report of suspicious circumstances in the vicinity of Elm Rd involving 2 alleged Drones that have been flying in the area". Weather is finally starting to break so I'm guessing we aren't the only people outside at night anymore. It probably doesn't help that we have strobe's and headlight kits on them. The comments that folks are making are quite comedic although some people are afraid that it's Obama spying on them, lol.

Would've told them to go chase themselves. Come knocking on your door after you're already inside asking about your quads and telling you not to spy on people?

What the **** gives the police the right to knock on your door, ask to inspect your private property then start giving directions about how you should / shouldn't be using it?

That's the U.S. for you.

That's why for good reason, in the UK our CAA don't allow flying within 150m of what they call a congested area and we are not allowed to fly at night. I know there is a lot of contention between UAS owners and the authorities, however giving cause for your Police To post such comment on Facebook does not do our UAS flying any good. Its all about responsible flying.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I think he was saying it was a public police scanner page that shows reports given to them, not that the police wrote anything. And if there was nothing flying when they arrived there was no need for the "talk" from them. Just curious if the OP is a young person.

This is nonsense the government harassing individuals when it is the government that is spying on everyone of us intrusively an illegally.

Correct it's a public police scanner page on Facebook that the public hosts. I am a tad under 40 years of age, have lived in this town my entire life and own a home here. They showed up because a lady behind me on another block was afraid that maybe we were spying on her or something. Honestly at night I don't even attach a camera because it's all dark and there's nothing to see. I enjoy flying at night because the quad is easier to see and the winds tend to be calmer. The police told me to have fun and told the lady to expect to see more of these types of things because it is the future with what Amazon and Domino's has planned. I bumped into two of the cops the other night at 711 and they jokingly asked me if I had been out scaring the neighbors anymore and asked more about the phantom. They are both very interested in making the purchase if they can get approval from their wives.

jetdust said:
The police told me to have fun and told the lady to expect to see more of these types of things because it is the future with what Amazon and Domino's has planned.
Oh man...I need to start ordering from Dominos now. Get me a large supreme and a multi rotor! That is one bird that wont be returning to the nest. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4