PolarPro Standard-Filter-3-Pack Just Falls off the Lens

Reaction score
Got the 3 pack from Amazon of the PolarPro DJI Phantom 3 Standard Filter 3-Pack and went to try them on but they just slide off. WTF?

I thought they would fit perfectly with zero issues? I've sent messages to them about this. Just wondering what your thoughts were on this guys.

I have the 3-pack and they fit okay. It sounds like yours are defective. Send them back to Amazon and get a replacement.

I'm in contact with the company, did DJI change the size of the lens from last year to this year? My box says 2015 for the lens but I got my quad about a month ago.

Last edited:
I got my 3-pack from amazon also and the first product they sent me was made for a go-pro, not a P3S... very disappointed. The real deal fits pretty snug, in fact i have noticed the edge of the camera has small shavings of black plastic sometimes because the fit is so tight it scrapes off. Mine came with small foam stickers for just the type of problem you're describing. Try using them to fill the space and I'm sure you will have better results.

hey i am also interested into purchasing the standard filters. Beside the loose fitting fisherking described (as far as i get it just defective product) do u have any other comments? build Quality/ video quality/ extra load for the gimbal??

I like the ND8 because I'm often in bright light being in Florida and it eliminates the props from being in the picture. You don't see them at all. If I had to buy only 1, that's the one I'd buy. The 3 pack is nice though. I didn't like the result I got with the polarized filter, I will retry it again another time.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mikep2323
Well it seems their version is different from my P3S because they said this:

There is variance in the Cameras, so they are not all the same.
Included in the package should have been some fitment shims for this.
If you did not receive those shoot me over your address and I will send some out on monday

Personally I'm not happy they don't slide on perfectly, I was given a foam sticky tab that I guess you're supposed to add to the inside of the lens. But if you don't match it right it'll tear off some of the foam or it gets squished against the lens. I'm not really jumping for joy using these lenses because I have no idea when they might fall off. I might try them out to see the video quality but so far not really impressed they don't fit like a glove as advertised. In no way did they advertise to use a shimmy to get it to work...

Could you try putting the shim on the camera rather than on the filter? That way it slides on without bunching up over the lens. This is a very minor issue considering the Pro/Advanced have a threaded cap this is as good as you're gonna get

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No issues with mine. I started off with the foam packers but found the filters way to tight to put on so took them off. Lenses stay on just fine when flying around.

No issues with mine. I started off with the foam packers but found the filters way to tight to put on so took them off. Lenses stay on just fine when flying around.
Well the fact that yours fit perfectly and not mine shows that are variants between the product and cameras. There's just no way I could simply add it and not expect it to fall off just placing the drone on the ground.

I'll try to add it to the camera instead of the lens as suggested by LK8472.

Hi guys,
Is there anyway I can put on pro/adv filters on my standard?
I know pro/adv filters has thread, and standard filters can only be put on camera face.
Does camera face diameter of standard is smaller than pro/adv ?

Hi guys,
Is there anyway I can put on pro/adv filters on my standard?
I know pro/adv filters has thread, and standard filters can only be put on camera face.
Does camera face diameter of standard is smaller than pro/adv ?
Actually there is and I just got these from Amazon Review Trader for free this week as I get lots of things just for writing reviews. Was kind of ironic these showed up right during my debacle with these Polar Pro lenses. Also I would think that any 37mm ND lens will fit with these screw on ones now.
http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Phanto...-1-spell&keywords=newer+dji+phantom+ND+filter
In my opinion these 37mm screw on ones are much better than Polar Pro's horrible method to just add a sticky rubber on your lens and hope it won't fall off in mid flight. After a while my lens cover squeezed the rubber so much it became useless. Tried to remove it and look at my lens full of gummy goop after.
ilpqIR0.jpg

I'll take some pics soon of how they both go as I'll be flying this week.

Last edited:
Well it seems their version is different from my P3S because they said this:

There is variance in the Cameras, so they are not all the same.
Included in the package should have been some fitment shims for this.
If you did not receive those shoot me over your address and I will send some out on monday

Personally I'm not happy they don't slide on perfectly, I was given a foam sticky tab that I guess you're supposed to add to the inside of the lens. But if you don't match it right it'll tear off some of the foam or it gets squished against the lens. I'm not really jumping for joy using these lenses because I have no idea when they might fall off. I might try them out to see the video quality but so far not really impressed they don't fit like a glove as advertised. In no way did they advertise to use a shimmy to get it to work...
We would love nothing more than for them to slide onto all Standard cameras perfectly too. The problem is there is too much variance on the Standard camera. We had to make our filter on the larger side of the spec and then shim it down for the smaller cameras. The foam should be installed in between the ribs on the inside of the filter. It should create a slight pressure to stay on the camera, but should not squish agains the lens. If it is to tight and squishing against the lens you might have too many shims on there.

If you want we can install the shims and send them to you if you need some help. Or if you are not stoked on them we are more than happy to give you a refund. The Standard was a tough one to develop for, the Pro, Advanced and P4 all have really nice aircraft aluminum filters that thread on, but for some reason DJI ditched that design on the Standard.

Here to help if you need it,

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.