PolarPro Gimbal Guard Mod

Reaction score
guard.jpg
Thought I'd share a mod I did to the PolarPro Gimbal Guard, so that it doesn't interfere with the camera on startup. I used a ban saw to make the cuts. Guard doesn't appear to have lost any structural integrity. Dotted lines are areas removed.

Last edited:
Nice demi-mod!
A CF GG is a CF GG :)
Materials matter in this application, manufacturer maybe not so much...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My P3P kit arrives tomorrow....after setup, I'll have my dremel ready for a sweet CFGG cutout for the camera! Thanks for sharing this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Be careful

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
The article you posted was for a P4 and the guard has had design changes from what I have read. As far as a P3, if you see the pic I posted of the guard on the AC, it appears to clear the sensors. Just an FYI.

I have mine on my P3S on opposite of how yours is installed .
How do you know it doesn't weaken the structure ?

I'd love to pick up the PolarPro guard for my P4 but I'm too cautious because of all the stories of it causing interference with the underside sensors.

I have mine on my P3S on opposite of how yours is installed .
How do you know it doesn't weaken the structure ?
Try to bend it after you make the mod. Seems fine to me and I fabricate for the aircraft industry. I trust my instincts. ;)
I reversed the orientation of the guard to cut the least amount of material away. I was at the point of not using the guard at all due to it interfering with the camera. Now, I feel it can be of some use.

I'd love to pick up the PolarPro guard for my P4 but I'm too cautious because of all the stories of it causing interference with the underside sensors.
The guard for the P4 is a different design. Can't speak on that. Have a P3P.

View attachment 75242 Thought I'd share a mod I did to the PolarPro Gimbal Guard, so that it doesn't interfere with the camera on startup. I used a ban saw to make the cuts. Guard doesn't appear to have lost any structural integrity. Dotted lines are areas removed.

Did yours come with the notched corner, top right by the P? I actually had to make that notch to clear the compass to make mine fit my P3S because of where the rib in the landing gear is that the slot on the guard fits to. Camera never touches mine otherwise since it sits back farther than what I have seen on any of the pics. Maybe there is more than one version?

If I'm seeing exactly what you're explaining, I had to cut a small amount of material away to make it fit on my P3P. I think they have made a few different versions.

Is anyone using a gimble guard for the P4 that will not cause any type of interference?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20