Polarpro filter thread sticking

Reaction score
Hello,
I've noticed when changing the polarpro ND filters on the P3P that the thread is sticking and not the easiest to screw on and off, extreme care is needed as they seem to stick a lot.
I was wondering was is commonly used to dare I say lubricate or to encourage a smooth run on and off the camera.

Thanks

My limited experience has been that mine will vibrate loose if not tightened on and checked routinely. You don't want any oils to get on the lens so maybe cleaning out the threads and install/uninstall drill until it frees up? Not the first complaint I've heard about the fit.

Everytime you add or remove a filter, you are minutely gauling the threads on both the filter and the camera! I agree with latitude that oils are a bad idea. Not only risk getting on the lens, but they attract dirt and can make it even harder to screw the filter on/off. Instead, go to your local hardware and get some dry lube. It's usually Teflon or some other 'slippery'substance. Put a minute amount on a dry rag and wipe it around the filter threads. Then take another dry rag and wipe it 'all' off. The almost microscope amount left will provide a surprising amount of friction reduction while reducing the risk of contaminating the lens. If you're worried about the filter vibrating loose, a small piece of cellophane tape on the joint should prevent that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl