Polarizing filter throwing off Zenmuse

Reaction score
No there is no way. The 3D is very sensitive to any imbalance. Others have done it slightly differently but the principle is the same. Some have used coins and washers stuck in appropriate places. This one for me works a treat and was easy to do, all with only one counterweight.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Hey, don't rob me of my baby bottle and pen innovatative thinking! :) :) mines still adjustable 3 ways!! Some 3D printer geek will charge you $20 or more. Only kidding, bless 'em.

Be careful when adding anything other than the Gopro (filters, different lenses, etc.) as it can damage the motors. Balancing should help but you can bet the motors are just enough for the stock setup and nothing more. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I doubt Zenmuse will be willing to help you if you do and experience a problem under warranty. YMMV.

Here is a quote from the Zenmuse FAQ -

Can I be free to change the camera and lens at will?-
You can’t, each gimbal has been calibrated with the exact type of camera and lens. Pleaes call local DJI Zenmuse authorized dealers or DJI headquarter.

My naked GoPro fitting glass polariser was £9 GBP so they are not expensive. 37mm outer so a ND can be added or whatever. With the method above any weight can be adjusted easily. Mine is perfectly balanced. I've seen carbon fibre rod used to keep the weight down too. RC is all about modding, as soon as you open your phantom technically your warrenty is gone. Heck, Its just the nature of the hobby.

I tried the Polar ND filter and the only thing I noticed was blurrier shots unless I shot at high noon in full sun. I also counter-balanced the filter with some lead tape strips from my golf shop. I am not going to keep using it, though....doesnt provide nearly as much benefit as I thought.

The Polar Pro was crap. I set up a two axis counterbalance which worked well, but in the end, the acrylic ND filter was optically very poor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.