Polarizer for still photos...

Reaction score
I have a sandmarc polarizer filter. What am I looking for in terms of setting it up? I dont think I can just screw it on and its good to go. Thanks in advance.

This video shows how to adjust a polarizer filter:

Thanks msinger! Any ill effect if I use the polarizer for video instead of the ND filters and vice versa?
They are really two different animals. A polarizer works best 90* to the sun and there's little to no effect if it's directly into the sun or directly away from the sun. A polarizer is usually about a 1 stop difference of light.

NDs come in varying darkness and can be 1, 2, 3, 4 or more stops of light. Use NDs to get your shutter speed down for video to have some motion blur for smoother footage. NDs can also be used for longer exposures like getting water falls to look smooth and like cotton candy.

Use a polarizer to cut glare on water, glass, etc, and to help saturate the sky and reduce haze for both video and stills.

Some ND filters are available with a polarizer built in.

They are really two different animals. A polarizer works best 90* to the sun and there's little to no effect if it's directly into the sun or directly away from the sun. A polarizer is usually about a 1 stop difference of light.

NDs come in varying darkness and can be 1, 2, 3, 4 or more stops of light. Use NDs to get your shutter speed down for video to have some motion blur for smoother footage. NDs can also be used for longer exposures like getting water falls to look smooth and like cotton candy.

Use a polarizer to cut glare on water, glass, etc, and to help saturate the sky and reduce haze for both video and stills.

Some ND filters are available with a polarizer built in.

Thanks KAOS!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4