Polar Pro Products

Reaction score
I was looking at picking up the polar pro gimbal guard, has anyone here used this before and is it any good? I was thinking of getting that and the polar pro landing gear.

I have all most all of the Polar Pro products and they are all top quality and work great. The lenses are really nice and their light kit works great without using the P3 battery.

I've got the landing gear...love 'em. Big improvement over the stock landing gear.

I just got their gimbal lock/lens cover and am very happy with the quality...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

by landing gear, do you mean those $30 leg extensions? I was thinking about those.

yup...they snap on (very secure considering their load bearing task) and they add much more stability to what is, IMHO a very unstable landing gear design. That Phantom gear design is probably why a lot of pilots choose to hand catch rather than land.

I'm using $30 variable ND2-400 filter and very happy with it.

Landing gear - great. Gimbal Guard - not. When in place, the camera hits it during warm up. You're supposed to clip out on after you power the aircraft. I prefer to tie wrap it in place.

Reactions: mediccj
I have the Gimbal Guard on my P3 Pro and the camera comes no where near hitting it on start up. I have mine tie wrapped in place. Also I can point the camera straight down and not see the Gimbal Guard in my Image.
@Ken Pascoe are you sure you have it turned the correct way?

I just ordered the polar pro gimbal guard, leg extensions, 3 pack of filters and the camera cover/gimbal lock. Last thing I want to order is the Gimbal Saver by killer rc and then I should be set.

Found a gimbal guard on Amazon being sold by Mudder that seems identical to one selling for much more. I ordered the Mudder one but held off on the stabilizing legs.

As far as the filters go, it is a matter of buying the set of 3 or the set of 6... would like to know about the variable mentioned above?

I have the Polar Pro Gimbal Guard and their Landing Gear (that is the name on the box). The gimbal guard has to go on in a particular way , there is 2 slots that line up and it goes in the channel of the original landing skid that faces the camera. I also use the Landing Gear, it works great even on an uneven lawn. I have zip tied mine down at the slot positions (2 on each end of the guard) where there is an opening in the guard for the tie down. This holds the landing gear and the gimbal guard solid. I have been using it this way for 2 months. I have had some hard landings and no tip overs or damage and the camera doesn't come close to touching the gimbal guard on power up or any other time. I suspect you have it backwards. It is one of the best accessories I have added. Highly encourage using the 2 together.

I'd love to see a pic of the guard in place with the landing gear extension..I don't want my camera hitting it

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I have to put the gimbal guard on after power up also or it hits slightly. The front legs will come into view if orbiting also.

Reactions: lablover

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31