Polar Pro PL Dark spot

Reaction score
Greetings!

using the polar pro pl lens... getting that lovely dark spot. how can I get rid of this? been researching online about turning the lens to a "sweet spot"... perhaps there is also a post image technique to cleaning this up?

shooting RAW... btw.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI_0035.jpg
    DJI_0035.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 401
Did you get any solution to the dark patch? I am about to buy an ND set but my experience from Polarizers on my DSLR tells me to avoid them on wide angle lenses. I used to have the same issue if I were any wider than 35mm.

This expected (ie normal). The lens FOV is wide enough to show the difference in polarising effect across the sky in the frame. Stick a CPL on a longer lens and pan across the sky and the effect is obvious. Maximum darkening is with the sun at 90deg to the camera direction with minimal effect with the sun behind you.

Difficult to correct in post.

I researched more and I am sticking with plain ND filters from DJI (without the Polarizer). Correcting the footage with only half of sky polarized will be a nightmare for me to fix in Davinci Resolve.

Did you get any solution to the dark patch? I am about to buy an ND set but my experience from polarizers on my DSLR tells me to avoid them on wide angle lenses. I used to have the same issue if I were any wider than 35mm.

Kind of... the recommendation I found goes like this. Take the polarize off the camera and look through it at a monitor. Turn the polarizer until the the screen goes dark. Put a mark on the lens frame and turn the lens until the screen undarkens, note where the mark is now and when you screw the lens back on match the position. It did help but not a 100%

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic