Polar Pro lens cap/gimbal lock for P3S

Reaction score
Just got the lens cap/gimbal lock from Polar Pro for the Standard. The other from PP only fits the Pro and Advanced. Polar Pro was great to work with - I sent them a photo of why the one I bought from B&H did not fit the P3S (which B&H mistakenly stated it would fit all 3). Polar Pro manufactured the new one (3D printing?) and within 2 weeks I have a cap/lock that works beautifully! Both companies were very good to work with, but a major kudos to Dan from Polar Pro. Great customer service is a beautiful thing.
lens cap gimbal lock.jpg

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Nice! Have been looking for a P3S one as well, but haven't found any yet (Europe) :-(

Just got the lens cap/gimbal lock from Polar Pro for the Standard. The other from PP only fits the Pro and Advanced. Polar Pro was great to work with - I sent them a photo of why the one I bought from B&H did not fit the P3S (which B&H mistakenly stated it would fit all 3). Polar Pro manufactured the new one (3D printing?) and within 2 weeks I have a cap/lock that works beautifully! Both companies were very good to work with, but a major kudos to Dan from Polar Pro. Great customer service is a beautiful thing.View attachment 49996
Would you happen to have the part number or item number for this cap/lock? I have a standard also and want to order the correct part. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Airbroker-- as a follow up I just received my gimbal lock/lens cap from Dan at PolarPro. Wow, what a difference from the stock DJI plastic weird shaped gimbal lock. The stock DJI mount may be adequate for transport from the factory, but NOT day to day operations. Just the design alone makes it difficult to put on or take off. (Hey DJI, that was a HINT) Gimbal damage could result if the stock ones are used, causing more harm than good. Thanks for suggesting the PolarPro gimbal lock and lens cap product to me. It's great. And, I think Dan at PolarPro owes you a beer. N

It all comes down to personal preference I guess. I prefer a little play in the gimbal when attached and not flying, and the lens cap fits ok. So I am happy. Beats that DJI thingy anyway. I'll keep that stock part in case I need to send the bird anywhere. Now if I can only keep the Phantom out of the trees........ Thanks again.

Would it fit inside the original Dji hard shell case?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Would it fit inside the original Dji hard shell case?

If you are talking about the original box with the pressed cardboard insert --yes it does. It also fits in my aluminum case (black, purchased on eBay. Seller is "lagogla". ) The gimbal lock/lens cover looks like the pic in this thread. Hope this helps.

I am talking about the dji backpack hard shell

Glad that's working for you Captain. I'm finding the cap/lock works pretty well but not quite perfect? The fit is good but not great. Would you agree or am I being too picky? In any case, the PolarPro gimbal lock/lens cap is miles ahead of the stock dji mount.
It fits very loose on mine. I called Dan and he said I must have been sent the older issue and sent me a revised one which doesn't fit the lens barrel any better than the earlier one, Called Dan again and was tolt it is designed to install on the lens barrel that has one of their filters on it. There is nothing in their advertising stating this. I sent them both back and was refunded very promptly. This is the second product that was incorrect. The first was the gimbal guard. Called Dan and was immediately sent a second incorrect one. Called Dan again and finally got a correct one, Then a second correct one arrived. Dan is a GREAT guy but their quality control is very lacking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20