Polar Pro graduated filters for P3 - review

Reaction score
Anyone else using this filter? Particularly the ND?

Also, are there any other graduated ND filters for P3 aside from this one and SRP 16-8?

Anyone else using this filter? Particularly the ND?

Also, are there any other graduated ND filters for P3 aside from this one and SRP 16-8?

Yes. I have it and for the most part can't say enough good about it. Build and glass quality is excellent.

The only caveat is that the graduation line may or may not be horizontal when screwed tightly onto the camera threads. My solution was to take some white nail polish and put a dab at the TOP of the lens bezel when the graduation center line is parallel to the horizon. That will give you a reference point every time you attach the filter instead of wasting time trying to see the grad line. You may have to leave the lens slightly loose on the camera but there is sufficient friction to hold it in place even on long flights with aggressive turning.
I've used all 3 and you can stack gel POLs and NDs for additional filtration.
The red and blue create some amazing shots with the red helping out a bunch in B&W.

Last edited:
Yes. I have it and for the most part can't say enough good about it. Build and glass quality is excellent.

The only caveat is that the graduation line may or may not be horizontal when screwed tightly onto the camera threads.

I was debating whether I should keep or return these filters and ended up returning them. ND8 is not quite enough and I don't see myself using the blue/red filters much.

I exchanged it for the 6 filter set, and will probably pick up the SPR 16-8 also.

You're right about alignment issues and PolarPro told me to screw the filter in all the way, and then unscrew it slightly to align... I feel like I should use a bit of painter's masking tape to keep it steady...

Reactions: Kenneth Gundersen
If you have a quality product, there is no need to try to smear your competition. Their product is priced at what the market will bear, no more and no less.
I'm not trying to start a fight here but Rainbowers is simply stating a fact. They don't have a competing product with the multicolor Polar Pro set. I own both the Polar Pro and the Rainbowers sets. I appreciate knowing the cost/sale price comparison. Informed consumers make better decisions and I don't see any smearing in Rainbowers post. I highly recommend both sets for quality. But if I wanted a quality set of NDs I would go for the Rainbowers. If I wanted the specialty set of Graduated colors, I would buy Polar Pros again in a heart beat.

Reactions: Rainbowers
The insinuation is that PolarPro is ripping you off because they are selling it for more than it costs them to make. It's ridiculous. Maybe a lesson on Capitalism is needed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj