Polar pro filters

Reaction score
I just got the 3 pack and was wondering if someone can tell me why my polarizer filter says "CP" instead of "PL"? Is CP for circular polarizer? Why am I seeing "PL" on other filters online? Makes me think there was a packaging error??

I just got the 3 pack and was wondering if someone can tell me why my polarizer filter says "CP" instead of "PL"? Is CP for circular polarizer? Why am I seeing "PL" on other filters online? Makes me think there was a packaging error??
You can see if you look close that it is a different shape around the rim too, I think it is a circular polarizer because the lense can spin and you would need to do that until the sky looks blue. I think in the beginning they were shipping linear polarized filters and now they know better and are shipping circular polarized filters. I had a set ordered from bestbuy, saw a scratch in the lense and took it back. I ordered another set and the new set had the new circular polarized filter.

Great thanks. So you'd turn the dial until you got the look you wanted while holding up to your eye? I tried while it was installed on the camera and got a "gimbal overload" error message so I immediately stopped... won't be trying that again.

Last edited:
Great thanks. So you'd turn the dial until you got the look you wanted while holding up to your eye? I tried while it was installed on the camera and got a "gimbal overload" error message so I immediately stopped... won't be trying that again.
Yeah i haven't had a chance to use mine yet but I guess that is how it works. Honestly I don't know if I will use my polar pros at all since I got the rainbowers kit

A circular polarizer (CP) is a must have filter for capturing the deep blue skies and puffy white clouds that make your images pop. However you must know that polarizing filters will not give your the effect when you shoot into the sun or with the sun behind you. While looking through the filter, stand with the sun off your right or left shoulder and rotate the filter to see the changes in the sky. Some CP filters have a dot on the edge for you to rotate toward the sun. You will see the sky change all the way from deep blue to no noticeable change. You will not see much or any change at all when facing the sun.

Jim Finch - Art, Prints, Posters, Home Decor, lGreeting Cards, and Apparel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik