Polar pro filters

Reaction score
Can the dji uv filter be removed from the phandom 4 standard
I ordered some polar pro shutter correction screw on filters
But i cant remove the uv filter
I tried the rubber glove and rubber band method to no luck
Any suggestions?

If i have no luck can someone recommend some push on shutter correction filters?

I ordered some polar pro shutter correction screw on filters
I tried the rubber glove and rubber band method to no luck
Any suggestions?

If i have no luck can someone recommend some push on shutter correction filters?

Are you 100% sure there is a filter in place - they usually come straight off

Yes.

Try this:

1) Hold the camera with one hand and use your other hand to position three fingers around the filter as shown below. The trick is to apply even pressure around the outside of the filter. It will also likely be easier to remove if your fingers are positioned toward the front of the filter (near the glass) instead of in the center or closer to the camera barrel.

Filter-Removal-Finger-Position.jpg

2)
Grip the filter as loosely as possible and turn the filter counterclockwise. If the filter slips through your fingers, put on a rubber glove or wrap some type of rubber around the filter.

I just removed the standard out-of-the-box filter for the first time also. It was REALLY tight! I used the rubber sheet (actually just a piece of drawer
webbed padding) method. I positioned one hand on the gimbal mechanism to avoid any stress on it and the other hand on the front-most part of the factory filter with the rubber sheet. On the second try it came right off. As stated above, the strategy is to not squeeze the aft part of the filter where all the threads are.

If it helps I tried to when I first got my standard. It was tight as anything. It's natural for it to be like that so not to worry but follow the advice above and you will be fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj