Polar Pro Filters - This Normal? Film? Scratches?

Reaction score
Just ordered a six pack set of Polar Pro Lens from Innovationuas.com

Do these come with a small protective film on them? I have small hair scratches on ALL of them.

I could only get one to show up in the picture but there is a bunch all over the lens, this normal?

$150.00 you would think they would be perfect?

Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 622
Yes, mine did.

I panicked when i first looked at all the squiggles until I realized no lens could be that bad and then I found the clear plastic film protectors.

Yes, mine did.

I panicked when i first looked at all the squiggles until I realized no lens could be that bad and then I found the clear plastic film protectors.

Are you sure?

On the outside and inside? Or just outside?

I am having trouble trying to get it off!

My apoligy. I opened the six pack and the three pack again to make sure.

I was incorrect, they have no covering, I was seeing the imperfections in the plastic tray holding them.

All my PolarPro 6 pack ND lenses are scratch free and not protected with any film I could find.

I had thought i had to remove a film prior to use but I didn't upon investigating.

I have the Polar Pro 6-pack and none of the filters have scratches on them. I also have a set of the slide-on filters too. Same deal there. Contact Polar Pro and get a replacement.

Last edited:
I looked at the polar pro inserts and figured they are a bit expensive for my budget so I grabbed a nd variable screw on filter for £15 from amazon, it performs almost as good as my £80 nd variable on my dslr. No distortion or impact on image quality and a quick turn to adjust the ND level. Im hoping to get some usable footage on Friday with it. Might post a clip up with and without it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I looked at the polar pro inserts and figured they are a bit expensive for my budget so I grabbed a nd variable screw on filter for £15 from amazon, it performs almost as good as my £80 nd variable on my dslr. No distortion or impact on image quality and a quick turn to adjust the ND level. Im hoping to get some usable footage on Friday with it. Might post a clip up with and without it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Do you have the information on that filter. I want to get one and try it out.

Mark

Thanks

Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4